Author Topic: Frankinstorm  (Read 9867 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Frankinstorm
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »
Good luck folks.

1. it is weird to get them that late in the game, isn't it?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
About as weird as getting that freak snowstorm last year.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
Very strange to have one this big, this late, that's gonna hit land...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »
Good luck folks.

1. it is weird to get them that late in the game, isn't it?

It's weird how it has been for them in the past year period. I spent 23 of my years in south NJ and the one last year was the worst I can recall in my lifetime and now just over a year later they are facing this one.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »
My friend just took this in Vetnor, NJ. They weren't supposed to get the storm until tomorrow, and it's actually not even landed yet but due in an hour or so. Called my Gmom in Cape May and her answering machine said my dad evacuated her and leave a message if the machine don't leave with the tide she will call back when it's over lol.

All I can say is holy hell. Almost makes me wish I was home to help.

hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »
Your friends an idiot if he didn't think the storm was coming till tomorrow.  I'm so tired of all these tough guys on the news in jersey and on LI saying that its nothing and that the storm will be no big deal so they won't evacuate....Hubris.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
The storm doesn't hit at the moment it makes landfall. The reason this one is dangerous isn't the high winds (they're not that bad)....it's the size of the damn thing....it's gonna be around all of today through the day tomorrow. They've been saying that for days....it's sped up some now so....hopefully it'll be over sooner...

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
He's talking about actual landfall. He evacuated his family a few days ago, prepared his house and then stayed to take care of it. He isn't in Vetnor, he just drove out there to drop off his waverunner's to a friend in the emergency response unit there to help out. They are using them to get around the city.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
Your friends an idiot if he didn't think the storm was coming till tomorrow.  I'm so tired of all these tough guys on the news in jersey and on LI saying that its nothing and that the storm will be no big deal so they won't evacuate....Hubris.
Darwin awards :D

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »
No fucking reason for him or all these other morons on the news to still be in their homes. Shutter up and get the fuck out.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 05:41:30 PM »
Emergency response doesn't have to go out if half the people had followed the mandatory evac order

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
Not really. Even the hurricane last year wasn't really anything to write home about, just more then they are used too. You guys have to realize that it is NEW JERSEY where hurricanes rarely mean shit. It's like telling the hottest desert on the planet to expect a blizzard and expecting them to get right to preparation.

Emergency response doesn't have to go out if half the people had followed the mandatory evac order

Yes they do. There is still damage to asses, animals to help, people who couldn't evacuate, etc.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
The way officials have been screaming at everyone on TV to evacuate...I have little sympathy...if you don't know what you're doing...don't stay....

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."