Author Topic: Frankinstorm  (Read 9864 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Frankinstorm
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
I'm very glad we cut some branches off the nearest tree to my house earlier this morning.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 10:38:18 PM »
High tide is receeding.  Damage unknown, but it sounds like there's water in the subways, power out from 39th St South as a precaution as well as parts of Brooklyn and Staten Island.  Gonna tak some time to figure out how much damage there was to major infrasturucture in the city....Lord knows how bad it is in LI and Jersey.  Say some prayers for them....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
Coverage of that stupid storm preempted Hawaii Five-O.  Fuckers

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 01:30:42 AM »
My grandmother's house is on the island of Cape May, NJ. She is on Delaware Ave which is (from memory) something like 6 or 8 blocks in from the beach. No more then 8 I don't think. Reports are that the homes on her street are under several feet of water. My dad will be there tomorrow to check it out and is going to send me some pictures. I'll make sure to put them here.

The boardwalk being destroyed in the Jersey Shore is just shocking to me. 13Ft waves in NYC.......has NJ/NY ever seen a hurricane like this? I sure don't recall any.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »
My sister-in-law and her husband live in Yonkers next to the Hudson river which is currently visible outside their first-floor window that doesn't face the river  :eek:

knock-on-wood, we never lost power!  its only 2:30am and everything isn't over, but the worst is well over here in Connecticut so -fingers crossed- looks like we made it out ok :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:24:04 AM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
I hope she's okay Steve and doesnt have damage. Glad you're okay Micah.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »
She isn't on the island so she is ok, remains to be seen about the house just waiting to hear from my dad. There is sand in all of the streets of Atlantic City, friend says in some areas it is like a snow dusting and in others it looks like the desert.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
Not much here.  Rain a bit of wind gusting up to mid-40s or so.  We lucked out.

Our clan gaming servers are down and out.  No idea when they will be back up.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »
Jkim just tweeted that she has power and is fine...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »
One of the first reported deaths (29 year old guy in Queens) is the best friend of my wife's cousin.  Tree crashed through his bedroom and killed him.  Very sad since they were extremely close.  :(

I've had some water in the basement (nothing major) and a small leak in our roof appeared and caused a bubble of water between the drywall and the 'paper' part of the drywall.  Not sure what you call that.  I know what caused it and it looks like I'll be doing some home repairs this weekend.  Luckily it was a small area and should be a cheap and easy fix.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
Very sorry Ober. That's awful.  I'm on the edge of my seat for some people I know in some of the worst areas that I haven't heard from.....

Did you know the guy Obes?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:36 PM »
One of the first reported deaths (29 year old guy in Queens) is the best friend of my wife's cousin.  Tree crashed through his bedroom and killed him.  Very sad since they were extremely close.  :(

I've had some water in the basement (nothing major) and a small leak in our roof appeared and caused a bubble of water between the drywall and the 'paper' part of the drywall.  Not sure what you call that.  I know what caused it and it looks like I'll be doing some home repairs this weekend.  Luckily it was a small area and should be a cheap and easy fix.

Given the battle you wage with your basement no real surprise to have some water in there.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
Very sorry Ober. That's awful.  I'm on the edge of my seat for some people I know in some of the worst areas that I haven't heard from.....

Did you know the guy Obes?
Nope.  I barely know that part of my wife's family.  She grew up on Long Island but her family moved out here when she was about 10.  I've only met some of them once or twice at weddings or funerals or the 1 or 2 random times some of them have come out here.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Give Sam my condolences. 

The bubble in the drywall is called a bubble.