Author Topic: Biggest News in the World  (Read 8869 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Biggest News in the World
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2005, 10:13:33 AM »
Quote from: ygfperson
what do businesses do on trips that cost so much money?

I know when I went to Europe for a week, I came back with about $1500 on my company card... and that didn't include the $2700 bill for the plane tickets.  AND, I didn't pick up any of the meals when we went out (I was a guest, so they bought all the meals when I was out with someone).

And I imagine Beta and probably Rob actually buy things for the company while on trips... I was only gone for training and cross-cultural "getting-to-know-your-counterpart" type stuff.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Biggest News in the World
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2005, 02:33:42 PM »
Quote from: ygfperson
what do businesses do on trips that cost so much money?

In my case, when I am in the heart of a multimillion dollar project, there is always some sort of equipment/tools/etc that wasn't considered.  And when you are all the way around the world in Guam... you just have to buy the stuff and expense it.

Then the hotel is 150 bucks a day.  Internet $10 a day (at the Hilton business center).  Buisiness dinners can be at the upwards of $400 depending on how many customers are eating with me.

Car rental is $135 a day.  Telephone calls, etc etc etc.

It gets up there really fast.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein