Author Topic: iPhone space clearing trick  (Read 3071 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
iPhone space clearing trick
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »
So I have googled several times over the past few years regarding the amount of space that the Podcasts app takes up despite my actual number of podcasts being very low.  FINALLY, one more search over the weekend yielded a result!  And for reference, the podcasts app on my phone (the Apple one) was eating close to 4GB of space despite my podcasts consuming only about 200MB. 

Anyways, on to the trick:

1) Go to the App Store
2) Search 'Disney Infinity: Toy Store 2' (there are probably others, but the idea is to try and download a HUGE app that your phone cannot currently hold... this one happens to be about 3.5 GB or so)
3) Click to get/install
4) Get warning that you 'don't have enough room' or whatever.  Click ok.
5) Go back to your desktop and you should see a bunch of apps (not just Podcasts) randomly go dark and say 'Cleaning...' underneath and then go back to normal
6) Check your new storage free total

BOOM!  I gained close to 5GB doing this and my Podcasts app is now back down to normal.  Also note that I 'attempted to install' that app like 3 or 4 times.  I'm not sure if it mattered or once was all that was required.

I also did this on my wife's phone and the kid's phones (iphone 4, 4s and 6) and it worked on all of them.  I hope this helps someone.