Author Topic: Baseball Mogul Round 2  (Read 7056 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Baseball Mogul Round 2
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 05:39:38 PM »
And I accidentally hit post

Huffin Puffer actually had an OK season coming off his severed elbow ligament (lol).  He went 4-7 with an ERA of 5.04.  Your DICE (predicted ERA) was actually 5.07, so congrats to that I guess!  He also threw in a two week vacation from a finger stress fracture to keep things interesting

Karl Marx apparently impressed some people during last season.  He stayed in AA for 20 games, putting up Marx-esque numbers (.239/.272/.591 with 9HR).  AAA was 86 games, where he had similar numbers for contact, as well as 27HR and 78 RBI.  From there he went to the big club in Cincy for 60 games, where curiously his numbers barely suffered. Sure, he batted .220, but what do you expect?  He still hit 17HR and had 53RBI.  I guess he just figured out that you only have to make sure bat hit ball and it go far.

I kind of forgot Johnny Canuck in the other posts, but there's not much to say.  He's yo-yoing from AAA (where he hits .300+) to the majors (where his career average is .196).  Kind of the definition of a AAAA player.  He's got 8 steals in the bigs and has only been caught once, though!

I'm still in AA, putting up the same numbers I did the last few years :mad:

Chuck Kitt is tearing up rookie ball, and he spent a good amount of time in the bigs in 2007, making 12 starts.  He was 1-0 in the 2008 season! but spent all of 2009 in rookie ball, where he went 6-1 with a 2.93 ERA and 62K/50BB

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 05:43:41 PM »
And I accidentally hit post

Pretty obvious, otherwise there would have been a "This space intentionally left blank" disclaimer.

I can't believe the A's left Cato in the minors... I feel like Rickey Henderson, the majors must be blackballing me.

Oh, and Chuck Kitt's in there, too? Nice. And umm, how does he go from the bigs to rookie ball??

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »
> Oh, and Chuck Kitt's in there, too?

Yeah, when I made all the guys in the first sim I made a savegame and just added these new guys to that

> And umm, how does he go from the bigs to rookie ball??

I don't know.  He started in A, was called up, went down to rookie, was called up again, and then spent all of 09 in rookie

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:11:28 PM »
If we abstract from the material substance of the circulation of baseballs, that is, from the exchange of the various use-values, and consider only the practical forms produced by this process of circulation, we find its final result to be: ball hit bat. Ball go far.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 06:20:06 PM »
Yeah, when I made all the guys in the first sim I made a savegame and just added these new guys to that

Cool... so did Ol' Spitty die again? What was it this time? A fall in the shower maybe? His LifeCall didn't get through to the dispatcher?

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 08:43:17 PM »
I know this idea is dead and gone, but if we play again can my player have this pitch?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cSH1KH4Bcj4