Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 6629 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Windows 8
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:08:44 PM »
We installed it on a test server because we already have customers from Microsoft that are using our product on machines that run it. I haven't had a chance to log in yet but my co-worker said it was "different".

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
I've heard bad things.  I have no interest.  Windows 7 will be my go-to for several years, most likely.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »
Different is a good way to put it. I'm no fan of Windows but i like to try all the new releases, I'm not impressed.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
Did you install it? What don't you like about it?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 02:04:32 AM »
Yea I have it on a partition to play around with. I'll be happy to go into detail on it but it will be later this weekend. Not on long tonight and need to head to MI.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »
Good luck in MI....

...It's causing me to pause on my laptop purchase...Do I wait for touchscreen?  I've been waiting for ultrabooks to come into their own for 2 years though....so....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
Good luck in MI....

...It's causing me to pause on my laptop purchase...Do I wait for touchscreen?  I've been waiting for ultrabooks to come into their own for 2 years though....so....

It doesn't matter when you buy, there is always going to be the "next thing" looming. It's almost better to buy the "old thing" at a discount than pay premium for the "current thing", cause in a few months the "current thing" is gonna be the new "old thing" and the "new thing" will be only be "current"

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:13 AM »
Good luck in MI....

One thing I learned a long time ago:  Whatever you buy is obsolete before you even buy it.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »
That's what I thinking, I've been waiting for 2 years for ultra books to be mature enough for me, so I'll probably buy now...tired of carrying something heavy and not being able to work on a long commute cause the machine is too big to get out on the train...,disappointed it won't have touchscreen though..

Ethic - I'm not satisfied that the surface will have a good enough keyboard. And since most of what I do is typing....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
That's what I thinking, I've been waiting for 2 years for ultra books to be mature enough for me, so I'll probably buy now...tired of carrying something heavy and not being able to work on a long commute cause the machine is too big to get out on the train...,disappointed it won't have touchscreen though..

Ethic - I'm not satisfied that the surface will have a good enough keyboard. And since most of what I do is typing....

Will it come out in time for you to wait and see?  Surface that is.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
I'm so tired of waiting.  Been waiting for 2 years.....

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Kerms all of my Toughbooks have had Touchscreen and I rarely ever used it except in the car when driving. It doesn't have a real natural feel because you aren't holding the entire thing in your hand, so it is faster and more intuitive to use the keyboard and mouse. I don't think you will miss it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »
Did you install it? What don't you like about it?

Dammit. It makes me sort of sick to say this....I think.....dammit i think its growing on me.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »
Just a few quick notes since I have been using it non stop for a few days:

I like the new start menu - once you get it customized. It's like it's own desktop.

Hate the lack of an X.

Corner and Side "pop outs" are entirely too sensitive, though if i try i can adjust that I'm sure.