Author Topic: Bloody Mary  (Read 3183 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Bloody Mary
« on: April 20, 2021, 02:30:50 AM »
Over the last year or so, I've started to really enjoy making random condiments, dressings, dips, etc.  The ingredients are never the same and nothing is measured.  The other day I made a really great balsamic vinegar asian-spiced creamy ranch dip for my carrots.  It was prepared ranch dressing and sourcream mixed with a little balsamic vingegar, some rice vinegar, extra virgin oilive oil, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, ground mustard, chili garlic paste, salt, a little texas pete.   Sounds gross, tasted freaking amazing.

Anyway, I also seem to like making some VERY disgusting, but equally delicious (to me at least,) Bloody Marys. (of course, this is a virgin drink because I stopped drinking 7 weeks or so ago)

A year ago, I was much less daring.  This instagram post from nearly a year ago shows how basic my ingredient list was: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQGGHSnNxl/

Tonight's gastronomical monstrosity included random portions of:
Garlic Chili Paste
Worcestershire Sauce
lemon juice
fish sauce (to punch up the umami along side the Worcestershire and tomato)
Texas Pete hot sauce
black pepper
queen-sized pimento-stuffed green olives (and their juice)*
pickled jalapenos (and their juice)
a little kosher salt*
Ice
and of course, an 8oz can of V8
Also, i added a splash of water and a little more lemon at the end because it was a little too spicy and their was room in the glass (probably just enough to add 2oz of vodka if thats your thing)

*in the past I've added a little soy sauce because it is also fermented like the Worcestershire and helps produce that mouth-watering savoriness. But since I just bought a jar of olives and was looking forward to adding them, I left out the salty soy (but then still added some salt to taste at the end)

It sounds disgusting.  It looked disgusting.  It probably actually tastes disgusting except for the fact that it doesn't. I think the heat numbs enough of your taste senses to normalize the stronger "flavors" and level out all of the ingredients.  You can just as equally taste the saltiness as you can the umami funk.

I'm thinking I should make a youtube series of "cooking" videos where I just haphazardly throw shit together and daringly eat/drink it on camera.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Bloody Mary
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:34:04 AM »
Never a fan, but good on you.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Bloody Mary
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 08:35:24 AM »
Also, try the YouTube thing. You never know.
This signature intentionally left blank.