Author Topic: "printable" CD-R stuck in Car Stereo  (Read 2164 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
"printable" CD-R stuck in Car Stereo
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
I bought a ream of CDs at staples last week because they were wicked cheap. They're the "printable" ones with some sort of a paper finish applied on one side. I don't have a printer that works with those but the price was right so I bought them. 

My wife burned a CD and, the next day played it in her car. I played fine but, the next time she got in her car it wouldn't eject. The player just said "No Disk"

She was ready to start sticking pliers and junk into her CD slot but I googled the resolution: turns out all you need to do is pull the fuse and stick it back in.  This resets the radio's memory and, upon powering up, the player ejects anything inside it.

Of course, when I first tried this it didn't work.  After 20 more minutes of reading the manual and putzing around I discovered that, at least in my wife's car, there are two fuses labeled "audio" - the first one I pulled does in fact shut off the radio - but it doesn't reset the memory.  The second one did the trick.

Just thought I'd share.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: "printable" CD-R stuck in Car Stereo
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »
Wow, that's great news. I've had a CD jamming an in-dash 6 CD changer for probably a year now. I had always planned on trying to take the thing apart but never had time. I'll try that!

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »
The paper used is coated with a substance that dirties the eject surfaces making it increasingly difficult to eject disks.  Damn shame.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
Dammit i know i replied to this thread before....

The paper used is coated with a substance that dirties the eject surfaces making it increasingly difficult to eject disks.  Damn shame.

I have been using these disks (memorex in my case) for years and never had one get stuck in any of my vehicles or cd changers.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?