Author Topic: MW3 or BF3?  (Read 41404 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: MW3 or BF3?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
You could tweak some if the processing becomes an issue. Overclocking is an option also.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »
wow, I wonder why BF3 is getting such poor reviews on Amazon.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
I saw those.  It's such bullshit.  90% of the bad reviews are from the beta or because they're fanboys for COD.  I watched a bunch of youtube videos on 'why BF3 sucks' and it's such stupid shit.  Things like 'there is no where to hide' when you're walking down a subway.  Or bitching about the HUD, which is totally reasonable and less intrusive than some other games.

Yet a lot of people on those videos very clearly said 'this is a great game'.  They just had their minor gripes which I totally didn't care about or they were just stupid.  I really can't wait to get it.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
ahahha holy shit

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
And... I'm spent.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
.... installing BF3.......

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
Soo, I did end up getting MW since my friends who I play on LIVE with all the time got it. And to be fair the single player was a lot of fun--pretty much on par with the last one.

Meanwhile BF has been collecting dust. I just don't enjoy the online as much as MW. Haven't finished the single player, but I feel like it hasn't lived up to the hype so far. It caught my interest at the beginning, but the last couple missions have been frustrating and boring. It goes from an easy mission where all you do is shoot things from a jet, to a level on the ground where you get killed 20 times in a row at the same spot and the only way to get through it is to spray bullets while running to cover. At least in MW when you die you know which enemy to shoot at the next time, but in BF you can shoot a guy in the same spot 100 times and there's always another one who pops up!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »
So.... got it installed.  Then... fail.  First of all, I won't lie, launching from a browser seems like the dumbest idea EVER.  I get that it's probably easier from their end to manage updates to the interface and gives them an easier method to sell their shit.  But really?

Secondly, I'm now stuck.  I installed and there is now a required update.  The problem?  When I click to update within Origin, I get a 500 error and it says to try again later.  So now I can't even play the fucking game until the update works.  And after reading on the net, there is no alternate source to get the patch.  @#%)(@#RJ)()(@##@#()@##$#@

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
OK, the fail might be on my part.  I changed my Origin password on the website and didn't change it on the client, which could have been part of the reason.  But they still could have told me that.  Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes after this 4GB patch installs. :shock:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »
I got BF3 from the inlaws for xmas, sounds like I should start installing now if I want to play before the end of the week

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »
I got BF3 from the inlaws for xmas, sounds like I should start installing now if I want to play before the end of the week

Yea no shit. 4GB is insane.

OK, the fail might be on my part.  I changed my Origin password on the website and didn't change it on the client, which could have been part of the reason.  But they still could have told me that.  Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes after this 4GB patch installs. :shock:

Launch from browser? Like, you have to install the game, be connected to the internet, and go to a specific url to begin the game? That is fucking retarded.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »

Yea no shit. 4GB is insane.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  /tear
Oh that was a good joke.
hehe

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
It is! No update should be more than like 3GB who the fuck wants to go through all that.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2011, 07:01:59 PM »
You obviously have never played an MMO.  First update after install is regularly 4+GB.  And the more modern games just do a digital installer so you are looking at 12-16 GB depending on the game.