Author Topic: MW3 or BF3?  (Read 41707 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: MW3 or BF3?
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
That game did not suck. And it was the first game to offer (to the best of my recollection) clan management in game.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
The weapons sucked, the gameplay wasn't very good, there wasn't enough people playing online, and it was a FPS that I didn't stick with.  Therefore, it sucked.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »
The weapons sucked, the gameplay wasn't very good, there wasn't enough people playing online, and it was a FPS that I didn't stick with.  Therefore, it sucked.

I'll ignore the opinion points, but how was there not enough online players?? There were thousands at any give time. Hell I remember before our dedicated server when we would have long waiting lines to get on servers even though there was pages of lists of them.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »
I don't know... maybe I started playing after it had been out for a while.  I never found many servers and the game always crashed on me when I did find one.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Yea maybe. I started with the BETA and stuck with it until version 2.something when I just ran out of time and give a shit. I think my account had something like 2500 hours of total playing time, not counting all the ladder clan matches we had. To think I spent over 100 days playing a damn game.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »
To think I spent over 100 days playing a damn game.
My first EverQuest character had over 100 days played before it hit (at the time) the max level.  I then leveled another character plus played the original one more.  Of course I played that game for over 5 years.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »
I don't even want to think about how many hours of life was wasted on Ultima Online. I played that for about the same amount of time, all weekend and after school every single f'n day.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »
BF3 update - I'm starting to get pissed.  Seems like every server has very experienced players in it so I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me.  My K/D was over 1 briefly but after tonight I'm probably going to be around .8 or less.  FUCK.  I'm starting to see instances where my machine is lagging slightly which leads to my inability to recover/see straight.  They introduced 'blur' into the game which I think is Frostbite 2's way of easing up on the load of the machine.  They don't draw nearly as much detail when you pan quickly.

This game has been out for only... 2 months?  Yet there are hundreds/thousands of players with really high ranks already.  People must fucking live in this game.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
Yea dude, people are obsessed. Best bet is to get better :p

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 06:57:34 AM »
this is my ongoing problem with every game I've tried on xbox live.  Its no fun when you get spawn killed constantly but I like the idea of multiplayer.  I wish there was a better way :(
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »
I'll be honest though... last night was probably my worst and the other nights I've played weren't all that bad.  It's certainly not going to stop me from playing... just makes me want to rank up and get my unlocks faster.  It probably means I'll stick with one class for a little longer instead of trying to rank up all of them at once.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »
OK, a few quick things on BF3:

1) They fucked up the squad stuff.  In BC2, it was kind of hard to NOT be on a squad.  It even gave you the option to have it join you into a squad on the loading screen which I almost always used.  But now I would say 50% of the average team is NOT in a squad which is SO annoying.
2) I really like the weapons and the vehicles.  All very cool.  The points system is also impressive and more flexible than most others I've seen.  Like you get partial kill assists, partial suppression kills, etc.
3) Suppression fire is pretty big in this game, it's like a new way of keeping the enemy in check.
4) I still haven't figured out the lack of or ability to destroy stuff.  Like there are things I thought could be destroyed and it seems they can only be partially destroyed.  And then other things seem to take a lot of rockets to really take out.  In BC2, you could wipe stuff out pretty quickly.  But I guess the range of stuff you can take out is bigger in this game.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2012, 03:24:56 PM »
I'm actually debating on getting this game. I have beaten Block Ops, GOW2, LFD2, and all my other ones I never got around too before. May have to sell them off and get BF3.

Now if only I could find my damn wireless thingy for the xbox :(

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »
Game runs like dogshit on my computer and the browser having to be open is the dumbest design decision ever (I think these go hand in hand)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
What are your PC specs?