Author Topic: 3D problems  (Read 2280 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
3D problems
« on: May 04, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
I just got a Dell Latitude D820 with an NVidia Quadro NVS 120m video card, and I tried running Battlefield 2 just to see how it handled. It ran fine, even at with video settings on "high" but there seems to be a problem with the sky! There's all these black lines and occasionally a polygon that appear as I move or look around. (See attached picture, problems circled in red)

Anyone have any ideas if this can be fixed? I could just play with some of the settings, but I have no idea if anyone them will fix it, or if it's just a problem with BF and this video card. I'll probably try another game later just to see if it's only a problem in battlefield.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: 3D problems
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:37:32 PM »
its most liekly the settings in respect to the card man. try lowering some or changing some things. Just ike when you get artifacts and such.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »
What video card?  They openly admitted that there were issues with more than a handful of cards and that game.  Do you have it completely patched and the latest video drivers installed?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 11:39:53 AM »
Looks like textures aren't being clamped properly. Could be a related to the OGL/DX drivers or could even be precision error in the depth calculations (if entire polys dissapear).

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 07:51:29 PM »
Well I tried patching BF, which did nothing as far as the problem goes. I haven't checked NVidia's website for an updated driver, but if I click on "update driver" it says it can't find a better match. I guess I'll try playing around with the texture settings a little then