Author Topic: Dresden Files - Audio - Wow - Good job Audible!  (Read 7065 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Dresden Files - Audio - Wow - Good job Audible!
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »
I just got this email...I was one of the annoyed/disappointed fans.  This makes me VERY happy - and I'm totally going to relisten to the book!

Dear Listener,

Here at Audible, we truly understand the power great performances bring to your favorite stories. And for long-running series, no matter how good a new voice may be, it can be hard to hear someone else bring beloved characters to life. So when Ghost Story: A Novel of the Dresden Files, Book 13, was narrated by someone other than series regular James Marsters, some listeners were disappointed.

We're happy to report that Ghost Story has since been re-recorded with the inimitable Marsters at the helm - and, since you're a fan of this series, we want you to have it free.

Just click on the link below to add the new version to your cart, and a promotion code will automatically be applied so you can complete your collection of Marsters-narrated Dresden Files. And if you happen to have already picked up a copy of the new version, this promo code will provide you with a replacement credit. The code will be valid for one week, and will expire on April 28, 2015.

Thanks, as always, for being a member. Remember, we're here 24/7 if you ever have any questions. Happy listening!

Sincerely,
The Audible Team

This makes a HUGE difference - 12 previous books by the narrator?  And he's THAT good?  He's the frickin voice of Dresden!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: Dresden Files - Audio - Wow - Good job Audible!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 04:05:54 PM »
Woah... I read them all.  Never even considered listening to them on Audible.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:00:03 PM »
I would recommend it. They are very well read.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:17:09 PM »
A different reader will kill a series for me almost every time.  The HDF series has a perfect reader.  Why they dicked witht that I have no idea.  Glad they remedied the issue.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
Yea - I loved it but almost didn't get through the first 10 minutes of ghost story due to the different reader.  Jim Butcher even had an apology for it the second it came out.  Solid customer service correction.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 01:56:22 PM »
Did they say why they would do that?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »
According to butcher's original Facebook post, the normal narrator had a scheduling conflict and wasn't able to record it.