Technical & Scientific > Hardware

Need a second monitor

(1/6) > >>

ober:
I've been searching high and low and cannot seem to track down a decent monitor.  Maybe some of you have suggestions:

1) Needs to be 27"
2) Would like it to be no more than 4 ms response time, maybe 5 is fine?
3) Must be height adjustable.  Don't give a shit about tilt or swivel.
4) Trying to stay under 250 if possible
5) I prefer 1920x1080 purely because it will match my existing one.  I don't need 4k or even 2k.
6) Not crazy about IPS - would prefer TN.

It's a secondary so not a primary gaming monitor although I will likely use it with some games - I considering doing a mount but decided not to worry about that plus I don't think my current one has a mount-able interface.  Most seem to be sold out or I wouldn't get it for a month.  I've looked everywhere and haven't pulled the trigger on anything.

KnuckleBuckett:
Not saying something won't pop, but man...time to move to 2K.  Not just because it is a nice improvement, but the world moved past 1080 a couple years back.  Even I had to go 2K with my main.  I ended up with a Dell 27" a couple years back and am glad I made the move.  IPS.  I will keep an eye out for something on sale though.

ober:
My issue is consistency between the monitors :(  I would go to 2K but then the monitors won't be the same and that annoys the shit out of me.  I have been avoiding IPS because of gaming but maybe that's silly?

KnuckleBuckett:
I have one of each.  I like the second for the larger font for chat etc.  Moving to 2K has been the best gaming improvement since forever.  Highly recommended.  Even Laura was amazed.

ober:
So you have a 2K IPS?  What's the response time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version