Author Topic: My first paying gig  (Read 2400 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My first paying gig
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:49:49 PM »
Well, sort of. My finacial adivisor's father (also a financial adivisor) had a client appreciation dinner the other night and asked me to play for the pre dinner hour. I got to play solo while people gathered and did the meet and greet sort of thing before we had dinner. It was pretty good. I have rarely played in front of people so this was a pretty big crowd for me. I really enjoyed it though, since it was just atmosphere music I wasn't really nervous about playing. About half way though there were so many people that I couldn't even hear myself play. Good thing for muscle memory and that I had plenty of guitars in various tunings. So, I got dinner and a bottle of wine out of the deal. I've been trying to learn a few more songs so I have enough material to play a gig when I decide to do that sort of thing.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
My first paying gig
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 12:13:26 AM »
sounds like fun. There's no feeling like being on stage with a big crowd just waiting to hear you. I miss that feeling :( Biggest show I ever played was Canada Day 2000. There were 60,000 people at the event and around 40,000 in the field in front of the stage. My band opened for Colin James and Wide Mouth Mason. Lots of fun :)