Author Topic: Where is everyone these days?  (Read 39315 times)

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
Re: Where is everyone these days?
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »
well i had to move back to Illinois (living in chicago now). For some reason that i don't really know about i lost my security clearance and thus my job with uncle sam.  This whole moving process is too stressful, hopefully Chicago will work out.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2011, 11:23:28 PM »
Transitioning into summer research. I'm actually less busy now but also way less productive.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »
Moving now. It sucks. Especially during summer exams.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2011, 01:22:27 AM »
well i had to move back to Illinois (living in chicago now). For some reason that i don't really know about i lost my security clearance and thus my job with uncle sam.  This whole moving process is too stressful, hopefully Chicago will work out.

where in chi are you?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
Moved a couple weeks ago. Sort of getting the hang of working normal hours. Still not done with thesis.

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »

where in chi are you?

Between wicker park and east village. You near chicago?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Plus now that it's getting nice out I'm trying to spend less time online

This too, especially with all the new land to explore. My sister alone has 26 acres, and there are TONS of noncommercial caves to explore, trails and mountain paths, just so much. I'm in the works of a deal right now to get Ashley a small horse she likes and a large (16.5 hands if you guys know horses) Missouri Fox Trotter for me. 
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2011, 07:07:03 PM »

That sucks on both fronts. I really feel for you being in Illinois, I haven't had to drive through there for the first time in two months as of the last week. I hate it.

And how come you have no explanation? Seems even uncle sam should have to tell you SOMETHING when they fire you. Might be total horse shit, but something.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »

where in chi are you?

im in the nw burbs; mt. prospect-right by ORD.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
I had an interim clearance and they just called me in and said that it had been suspended.  They don't really tell you or give you any reasons unless it's an actual denial. I think it's because i have a lot of relatives living abroad. When you do those clearances you basically sign away a lot of stuff. At any rate i think there is a process to get access to my "investigation file". I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »

where in chi are you?

im in the nw burbs; mt. prospect-right by ORD.

Nice, i thought about moving there when i first came in.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2011, 12:13:53 AM »
This too, especially with all the new land to explore. My sister alone has 26 acres, and there are TONS of noncommercial caves to explore, trails and mountain paths, just so much. I'm in the works of a deal right now to get Ashley a small horse she likes and a large (16.5 hands if you guys know horses) Missouri Fox Trotter for me. 
That sounds awesome. I went horseback riding for the second time last summer on a friend's ranch in the Sangre de Cristo range and it was awesome, but since I don't have a horse I'll settle for some hiking and rock climbing this summer

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
I'm SUPER stoked about the caves. I have been on the tours of the Mark Twain caves, but to go explore on my own is going to be awesome. My sisters boyfriend has been hiking, exploring, etc for years so he will be going along. He's actually done the Appalachian Trail twice.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »
busy here too. Nothing new, just day to day stuff.

What I want to know, howvere, is where the f is ethic?

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2011, 02:46:32 AM »
I had an interim clearance and they just called me in and said that it had been suspended.  They don't really tell you or give you any reasons unless it's an actual denial. I think it's because i have a lot of relatives living abroad. When you do those clearances you basically sign away a lot of stuff. At any rate i think there is a process to get access to my "investigation file". I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
a lot of times the security manager doesn't even know the reason for the suspension - but, like you mentioned, you'll have to request the investigation file to see the reason.

if the security clearance was built into the PD, then a suspended interim would ruin your chances.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez