Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Election 2020

(1/82) > >>

Jake:
I know it is still early, but what do you guys think so far.

I think that Trump is going to win, hands down. And not because he is a "great" president, but because the democrats suck so bad. It is pretty sad to watch it all.

I wish that we had a strong libertarian candidate. But that is a long shot, so I would take someone that is right down the middle. These extremes are painful.

Shit, I would even take trump, if he didn't shit all over the environmental issues. That is a deal breaker for me. 

ober:
That is the deal breaker for you?  Are you serious?  Trump is a half-wit that is destroying this country through bad tax plans, awful trade negotiations, divisive domestic policies, and a non-stop stream of lies.  I'm kind of floored that you would even say that.

What do you have against Warren?  She's my current favorite out of the pack.

Jake:

--- Quote from: ober on October 17, 2019, 10:49:39 PM ---That is the deal breaker for you?  Are you serious?  Trump is a half-wit that is destroying this country through bad tax plans, awful trade negotiations, divisive domestic policies, and a non-stop stream of lies.  I'm kind of floored that you would even say that.

--- End quote ---

you say that, because you listen to NPR/CNN - if you would listen to FOX News, your outlook would be 180 degrees opposite! haha. I will try to answer your question about trump, but not today.

Jake:

--- Quote from: ober on October 17, 2019, 10:49:39 PM ---What do you have against Warren?  She's my current favorite out of the pack.

--- End quote ---

I don't know too much about her, but from what I do know is that she wants to get rid of the electoral college - this would pretty much mean that Democrats would start a democracy of power and the states with big metropolitan areas would decide who gets elected. And I say, fuck. that.

She also wants to start taking away guns - sure, she will start with the "nasty black" ones, but that will be a start. Again, fuck. that.

And WTF is it with many of the dems wanting to sky rocket the minimum wage. It is like they do not understand simple economics! A few months ago, that clown AOC tweeted something about the price of coffee or a pastry at an airport and how because of it the minimum wage should be $15/hour. What she doesn't seem to understand that as the minimum wage grows, so do the prices of goods! I mean, for fucks sake - it IS that simple.

Perspective:
Minimum wage here is $14/hour and our prices are on par with the US.

Also, it's Election 2019, not 2020.. voting is THIS monday Oct 21st! I'm sure you guys are following all the drama of Canadian politics :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version