Author Topic: Independence Day  (Read 2432 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Independence Day
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »
Congratulations Rob! You're now going to be free from the control of the EU overlords.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: Independence Day
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 05:44:33 PM »
Yes. Good thing? Who knows.

I voted remain, just because of the potential financial turmoil of Brexit.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
What do you think the chances the government will go "You know, this is a bad idea and it was only 51.9% so let's not do this?"

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:37:30 AM »
Slim. I think that would be suicidal for them. Will of the people and all that.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
I wonder if anything will come of the 3 million plus signatures on the proposition to redo the vote.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 12:27:30 PM »
Yes. Good thing? Who knows.

I voted remain, just because of the potential financial turmoil of Brexit.

The American media reaction seems to be laughing and shaking heads at the silly British who voted to do something against their best interest. I don't expect the UK to back out of it, but I am hoping the doomsday economic scenarios don't happen.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 12:44:43 PM »
At least the UK will get to laugh at the US in November for much the same reasons

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »
I'm not sure how many people know much about the EU and how it works to make opinions regarding this referendum. I think that if I lived in one of the stronger economies in the EU and were dictated by a non elected EU government regarding my laws and regulations - I would want to leave too. I mean, that whole non-elected government thing is a pretty big issue in my opining.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
I'm not sure how many people know much about the EU and how it works to make opinions regarding this referendum. I think that if I lived in one of the stronger economies in the EU and were dictated by a non elected EU government regarding my laws and regulations - I would want to leave too. I mean, that whole non-elected government thing is a pretty big issue in my opining.

Well sure, if that was all it was. But if being part of that union had lots of benefits, including a stronger economy, then you'd have to consider those. I would imagine a lot of people who voted to leave were only considering the angle of not wanting the non-elected government in Brussels making rules for them. But then what if they lose their job because of resulting changes in the economy? Oops?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 11:54:09 AM »
Rob - I'm curious what the spin over there is now that all the Brexit people are resigning.  I would think that would double down on the backlash against the vote...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 05:18:41 AM »
Sorry Kermi, I only just saw this.

TBH, I think the country is in a bit of a "don't know what to do" state at the moment. There was always going to be fallout from this, and the resignations have pretty much been equally split on both sides of the argument.

The next couple of years will be interesting if nothing else.

Just curious, what's the response over there? Not really sure how / if it affects you guys, apart from strengthening trade relations wit the US of A.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 03:30:06 PM »
I can't speak for everyone, but most people had an initial 'WTF' reaction but I think most have softened into a 'waiting' state to see what is going to happen.  Personally, I'm sitting here with my popcorn waiting for the rest of the EU to crumble.