Author Topic: Independence Day (US)  (Read 1916 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Independence Day (US)
« on: July 04, 2016, 07:39:40 PM »
Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

We stayed low-key, took a drive to NH on Saturday (about 3 hours north) for a day trip. Sunday we stayed home and today we had a quick cookout, just the 4 of us. (well, my nosy neighbor walked over so I offered him some food too  :) )  We were gonna go to Cabella's to walk around for a bit but we drove all the way there (its like 30 minutes away) and they were closing early at 5pm, which was 1 minute after we pulled into the parking lot.  Go figure.

Also, I've spent the last 3 days trying to salvage our pool that we sort of neglected for a month. By last night I had gotten the water from dark green back to just cloudy, but then I noticed thousands of micro tadpole-looking organisms swimming in there so I re-shocked it again and this morning decided to drain the whole thing; which its been slowly doing all day via a garden hose that I set up as a siphon (nothing like sucking pool water through a 100' hose)

Anyway, happy (American) Independence Day!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:24:41 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Independence Day (US)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
Friday we had a potluck lunch at work (was also a celebration of work), Saturday went to my brother's and introduced my nephew to blockly programming, Sunday and today are lazy days.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
Sunday we went to a yearly pre-4th gathering.  For the last ten years a small sub group brought their own home brews and I always brought a mix a six of micro brews.  Finally this year I was able to bring beer I brewed (with a buddy).  They commented that our brews were as good as anything they had brewed in the last ten years.  So that was awwwweeesome!

Today (Monday) we had our little UN over at our place for a neighborhood gathering.  Great times.  Multi languages multi age groups and cultures and everyone had good times!!  Best 4th in years!  I couldn't be more pleased.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
we came back from Mexico Tuesday evening - by Wednesday we were all sick - very sick. For the weekend we went to the cabin and just rested. The weather was absolutely perfect - low to mid 70s. Did some fireworks with my neighbor on Sunday night. Went to parade Monday morning. Came back to Chicago early afternoon and went to see some fireworks on firework hill on Monday night. Very nice weekend overall.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »
Drove a couple hours to a county fair in Marin so we could watch fireworks Sunday night. Did a heck of a lot of walking and I'm still sore. We were going to go to the Exploratorium yesterday before driving home but we were all exhausted after a long day so we just hung around SF a little then drove back. Overall a nice weekend with the fam.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
Went into town on Saturday for the airshow...Blue Angels etc.  I had a great time with my camera. 

Pics!: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p3ycoe5bc10iudg/AACWqpKBwg0b0qYn1LhC-i_na?dl=0

Went to a magic show at a bar on Monday and then drinks and dinner with some friends.  Pretty low key weekend...I did lots of studying too.  Ugh..
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »
link no worky
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
I don't know why it won't work for you...This should do it to for those of us who are FB friends...

Updated link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/me787owmx8c8211/AADm_CRGXYdSkisHvZ517ec3a?dl=0

Also FB.  https://www.facebook.com/mbkern/media_set?set=a.870450443361.1073741851.19000180&type=3

Jake says the link still isn't working for him, but it works for me.  Can someone else try?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
looks ike it just didn't work from work. At home it works fine. thanks.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
Woot!  Thanks for checking!