Author Topic: Trip to Niagara Falls  (Read 1562 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Trip to Niagara Falls
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
So we went to Niagara (Canadian side) most of this past week.  Just thought I'd post a quick review:

1) I like that no matter where I went my credit card didn't leave my sight.  Most of the time they handed me the machine to use or they did it but it was right there in front of me.  I wish the US would catch up to this concept.  And maybe it just in that area, but it was refreshing.
2) Whoever designed that area did a piss poor job IMO.  I know it's a tourist trap, but I found parts of it difficult to navigate (mainly walking). 
3) I sort of missed the overt signage you find in most places in the US.  I felt like a lot of things were left to people to figure out on their own and I found a lot of things poorly designed.  For instance, I lost my car in the parking garage because I've never seen a parking garage so poorly laid out.
4) If you have kids and you go to Niagara, hit up the huge water park on top of the Crown Plaza.  Lots of fun, even for me!
5) Tickets.  Get them in advance for shit.  We ended up not doing the Journey Behind the Falls because they were sold out 4 hours in advance the last night we were there.

I guess that's about it.  Overall it was a good trip but I probably won't go back anytime soon.

Oh, and if you're going and looking at various deals, ask me questions.  I would have done some things differently.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Trip to Niagara Falls
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »
I have always had interest in going to both sides Canada and US.  6-7 hour drive though.  Think L and I would dig it?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Trip to Niagara Falls
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 10:57:37 PM »
I think it is worth the experience. My wife had been a few times before so it wasn't that great for her but it is one of the greatest wonders of the world. I think for that fact alone it is worth visiting and I think you and L would be into it. Sam and I actually planned an anniversary there with some winery stuff as the main focus before some other family stuff came up that forced us to cancel. I would maybe consider going back just for the romantic angle on the whole idea.