Author Topic: hughes net  (Read 1456 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
hughes net
« on: July 16, 2016, 03:01:07 PM »
I think I told you guys before that my internet options at the cabin were very limited. DSL or Satellite. that's it. Cell phone coverage sucks and 4G works only in two or three spots on my property. My neighbors have DSL and get less than 5mbs speeds and because you need to pair that with a phone line, it is about $80 per month! I called hughes net a couple years ago to ask about pricing, but the guy asked to run my credit check just to give me pricing! fuck that. A few weeks ago there was an advertisement near my street about internet service. I called. It turned out to be a reseller of hughesnet. Long story short, I am now using it. $40/month. free install. 10mbp down guaranteed. So far I checked twice and both times was over 20. looks like technology improved since I heard about it last. I am able to stream from my home (chicago) DVR and watch live TV just fine. It takes longer than what I am used to to buffer at first, but once it gets going it streams in HD and no hickups.

Happy so far!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.