Author Topic: Hows everyone's summer going?  (Read 3017 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Hows everyone's summer going?
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »
Hey all, just checking in. I've been pretty quiet on here lately.  I check for new posts a lot but it seems we're all kinda off doing our own things.

I've been doing some side work; we took a vacation to visit my parents in Virginia; life is busy.  Kids are relatively happy and my wife's been trying her best to keep them busy all summer.

How about you?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Hows everyone's summer going?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 08:02:19 PM »
Same.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »
Just finished my trip to ReplayFX last weekend. I did much better than I had expected and finished 1 win out from making a tiebreaker for the finals in the top division. It was a blast and anyone with kids in that area (or that's an arcade dork now like me) I highly recommend going on the Saturday after they release all the tournament pinball machines to the free play area. Well worth visiting. replayfx.org
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 09:52:55 AM »
Busiest summer in years...ever?... It's a good thing.  Brewing, work, cruise, STO, Fallout 4, Overwatch and Tomb Raider.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 02:52:53 PM »
Yeah, been busy here too.  I check here several times a day but you guys are as quiet as I am.  Family is good, finally got the deck looking great, and we've tried to do some fun family stuff this summer.  It's been fuckin hot though and the kids don't want to be outside in it a whole lot. 

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »
I finally quit my old job at the end of July and started a new one this week. Commute is like 3-4x longer, but the pay is a lot better. Still lifting a lot. And a lot of bbqs coming up that I'm looking forward to :)

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 04:18:49 AM »
Thought I'd have more time working from home, but turns out I have less. Who knew.

Desperately trying to learn Android / Java with some success.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 11:14:55 AM »
Went to Poland for a family emergency
never got to Wyoming due to the above
family is Poland now and for next week and a half
Kids' gymnastics
Work
lost 40 pounds
axes
restoring old tools
splitting wood
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 11:35:19 AM »
Everything ok with the family?  That sucks about Wyoming.  I know you were really looking forward to that.  Are you going to do it some other time?

40 pounds!!  Awesome!  Congrats :)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 02:13:54 PM »
Everything ok with the family?  That sucks about Wyoming.  I know you were really looking forward to that.  Are you going to do it some other time?

40 pounds!!  Awesome!  Congrats :)

I will start a thread in private.

Yes, too bad about wyoming - but if all goes well I will be going next year to work on a different project. The ribbon cutting for the one I was supposed to work on is at the end of this month.

40 pounds very happy. If I lose another 40 pounds, I will write a book about how to do it. It will be called: "eat less than you burn". It will only be a page long.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »
Same here. work, kids, daughter in soccer and swimming, every weekend in one place or another, gained 5 pounds, camping, biking and gym, absurdly hot weather