Author Topic: You’re at the final exam and never attended class. It’s that dream again.  (Read 4959 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Someone posted this article on facebook, thought it was interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/youre-at-the-final-exam-and-never-attended-class-its-that-dream-again/2016/09/19/01255a6c-792f-11e6-beac-57a4a412e93a_story.html

Maybe not in the last couple years, but well into my 30's I kept having dreams about not remember which classes were at which times on which day and not knowing where's I'm supposed to be going.

Also, the article also mentions the driving the car and not being able to stop dream which I don't have but often dream that I'm driving but can't see where I'm going - either because I'm blind or everything is just a little to blurry to really make anything out.

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
My main reoccurring nightmare is I'm in college and I'm about to take the final but I skipped a ton of classes and I know I won't pass and hence won't graduate.  I hate that dream.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Yeah, mine's similar. It's not about the final, but my dream is set a few weeks into the quarter and I haven't gone to any classes for one of my subjects. I've got to catch up on homework or study or whatever. I don't dream that much but this one has happened a few times over the years.

I also have a recurring dream where I have to go the bathroom but I can't find any private place to go. Like the stalls are out in the open or there are people milling around or whatever. Sometimes I just go anyway.

My only real "nightmare" is being chased by people and I go into a room and close the door but it won't close all the way. I can lock it but it won't shut fully so the lock does nothing.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
I dream about finding the rarest of Axes. You guys are fuckkkkked up. ;)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
To be honest, I don't actually have dreams that often. Like once every few months maybe? Or a couple times a year?

Also, in the last recurring dream I have I slowly teach myself to levitate and eventually to fly. Never seems to work in real life, though.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
I dream from about the moment I fall asleep to when I wake up.  Every single time I sleep.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
I don't get nightmares while sleeping, just during the day.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
To be honest, I don't actually have dreams that often. Like once every few months maybe? Or a couple times a year?

Also, in the last recurring dream I have I slowly teach myself to levitate and eventually to fly. Never seems to work in real life, though.
I probably dream more than I remember, but I recall dreams that I had probably at least twice a week.  Also, if you figure out that flying thing, I want in.
I dream from about the moment I fall asleep to when I wake up.  Every single time I sleep.
I assume that is sarcastic.  No one remembers dreams that frequently, right?
I don't get nightmares while sleeping, just during the day.
Sometimes those are the worst.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Especially when you realize it just your life and not a dream :D

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
Totally serious.  I start dreaming as I fall asleep and do so (as far as I am aware) until morning.  I dream so hard that quite often my eyes hurt from being forced into the upper half of my eye all night.  I rarely if ever have a dreamless night, nap or even power nap.  It is instant and constant.

You seem to think that I remember every dream and or detail.  No....not really, but going to sleep is work man.  Every night of my life.

Shrug.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: You’re at the final exam and never attended class. It’s that dream again.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 07:30:49 PM »
Well, yeah. I'm sure I dream every night, too. I'm just talking about actually remembering anything significant.

I often remember small, insignificant snippets of dreams, so if you include those it happens more often. But I was more talking about dreams you wake up and can describe to someone and want to describe to someone.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 10:50:38 PM »
going to sleep is work man.  Every night of my life.

Have you tried melatonin supplements?  works like a freaking miracle with my 6 year old who, without it, will lay in bed for HOURS trying to fall asleep.

Tonight, since my wife is out of town, I had both kids in my bed.  they're talking to each other and then the youngest just up and falls asleep.  My six year old looks at me and with genuine surprise exclaimed, "Wow! How did she do that?"
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 06:00:22 AM »
I didn't mead I have trouble sleeping.  That is rarely an issue.  I can sleep in a rock concert if I decide to.  Seriously.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 07:39:06 AM »
Wow Knuck.  I've never heard of anything like that.  I'm partially jealous.  Are they lucid dreams?  Can you like do all kinds of crazy shit?  Do you fly and teleport and is it constant hookers and blow in your dreams????

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 08:34:43 AM »
Knuck is a warlock
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.