Author Topic: Another website redesign  (Read 3647 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Another website redesign
« on: October 11, 2005, 04:05:21 AM »
I really wasn't happy with my website design so I finally got around to coming up with something a bit better I think. It's just the homepage for now but I'm working on getting all of the pages redone, I just wanted to get the template finished first. You can see what it was last by visiting any of the other pages. I think it's a pretty big improvement. Still basic but a little bit more refined I think. I'm still not sure on the color scheme quite yet though.

http://aaronhanson.no-ip.com/
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Another website redesign
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 09:19:11 AM »
Definately a big improvement.... but I'd try to match the main background color with something in that pic... it seems a little off otherwise.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
Another website redesign
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:46:52 PM »
I agree with ober, a big improvment over the last site.

I like the drop shadow on the main image and on the 3dish effect on the left/right sides of the main page.

Im not sure if you intend to leave the navigation as is, but at first glance I didnt even see it, the first thing I noticed was the image.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Another website redesign
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 06:30:03 PM »
OK, I've changed it to a dark grey color for now. I kept trying to find a better color but didn't have much luck.
Thanks for the menu comment too, I hadn't really noticed how it sort of blended with the logo. I still like the top navigation but I put a little space between the logo and made it look just a little more menuish with the bullets between links. I think I may redo the edges too, it doesn't quite scale as well as I want it to on the different screen sizes.
I really wish I could find the font style I used for my logo, I think it was called 'handwritting' but I have too many backup CDs and none of the fonts on them match. I've tried looking for it again online but there are too many fonts with the same name and I don't remember which site I got it from.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Another website redesign
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 06:44:18 PM »
Background color now kicks ass :thumbsup: