Author Topic: Use of Javascript  (Read 3923 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Use of Javascript
« on: October 22, 2005, 10:05:54 PM »
How much should we worry about it?  I tend to use it quite a bit in my apps, and with my new interest in AJAX, I don't see that stopping anytime soon.  So I know there are people out there that disable it.

How are we supposed to deal with those people?  I find it a giant pain in the ass when people complain to me about things that make their life easier, but they refuse to use it.  I can understand complaining about a site using ActiveX, because there is a major security hole there, but seriously... Javascript is pretty harmless overall.  And if you're worried about pop-ups, get a decent fucking browser.  They almost all have a pop-up blocker now.

Thoughts from anyone else??

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Use of Javascript
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 10:33:12 PM »
I tend not to create dynamic client side pages.  However when I do I'll use javascript pretty extensivly.  However I always try to make sure its still useable without it.
Example:  autofilling some text boxes when the value changes on a select box, the user can fill it in themselves.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Use of Javascript
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 09:03:15 AM »
See, my problem is that I tend to use it for expanding and closing menus... I guess I'll just have to consider putting an alternate text menu on the main pages.  Either that, or checking to see if javascript is disabled and providing a completely different menu if that's the case.