Author Topic: Stupid iPhone  (Read 2118 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Stupid iPhone
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
I use the camera app from time to time, and 98% of the time I take a pic, I plan to send it to some one immediately.  But there doesn't seem to be any fucking way in the camera app to send an image from the camera roll.  Instead I have to exit it, go to the photos app and send it from there.  It's fucking maddening.

Am I missing something simple??

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Stupid iPhone
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »
When I take a picture with the camera on my iPod, the lower left of the screen is a button that takes me to the photo I just took. If I click on that, then the photo appears and on the bottom of the screen is a menu with four buttons. Sometimes that menu disappears but when it does I just touch the photo anywhere and it comes back.

On that menu, the first item (from the left) is a blue camera that takes me back to the camera. The second is something that looks like a "forward" icon. If I hit that, I get a bunch of options of how to send the photo somewhere, including Mail, Message, Twitter, Facebook, and other stuff.

I don't remember it being any different on my wife's iPhone (4).

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
I have the iPhone 4 and the only options when I click on the image in the lower left is to go back to the camera or delete the image.  That's it.  I know the other options you're talking about.  That's what I see when I go in through the Photos app.  I've tried clicking the image and stuff to see if other menus pop up.  Nothing.  Drives me insane.

OK, so... maybe this is the difference.  When I go into the camera app from the desktop and click on that image in the lower left, those options are there.  I guess what I'm referring to is the options when using the camera directly from the lock screen.  Maybe I just need to go to the camera app directly, but that's not as convenient!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »
Goddamnit... that's it.  Just found another article about it.  It's like that for security reasons, but they should let me bypass the fucking security.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
Do you have a password? If not, then I think they should allow it (but don't - I just checked my wife's), but if you do then they shouldn't.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »
I don't have a password.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »
Yeah, then that's kind of silly. Especially since just hitting the home button makes you act like you're "logged in".

Still, that's the kind of feature I would cut if I was trying to make a deadline.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »
You sending by text or email? If by text, why not just take the picture from the text app? Click on the camera to the left of send....

...otherwise - yea, it's fucking annoying
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own