Author Topic: ask and ye shall receive -or- don't look a gift horse in the mouth  (Read 2231 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
so I said to my boss, "why do I have this crappy CRT monitor when you and [other coworker] have nice flat screens?"
to which he replied, "I don't know, why not just ask IT for a new monitor? Tell them you need it to be more productive"
so I sent an e-mail to the IT guy and 3 minutes later he was hooking up my new widescreen monitor!

the only problem is that the monitor recommends a 1440x900 resolution but my video card (even after updating the drivers) can not do that.  The closest I can get is 1152x864 but the aspect ratio is off a little so all my images look skewed :-(

I'm just going to go with it and get used to it...because it sure is nice.  Don't know what I'm gonna do though when I need to start photoshoping stuff.  I guess I'll just have to ask for a new video card now too :-D
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: ask and ye shall receive -or- don't look a gift horse in the mouth
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »
VICTORY IS MINE!!!!

i found a utility that lets me hack my resolution to the 16:9 ratio and all is now right with the world.  This new monitor is sweet!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
Ask for the new card anyway...you never know

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »
Sounds like you could be due for a new computer man.

How old of a computer do you need not to be able to handle the smallest widescreen resolution?
This signature intentionally left blank.