Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now
« Last post by Jake on February 09, 2023, 10:10:37 PM »
TLOU - Watching this at well and so far so great. I never played the game and really had no idea what it will be about - but holy cow, this is good. Acting is pretty outstanding from the two leads.

Shameless - started out good, but the latter seasons suck. I never saw the last season. Spoiler alert - everyone becomes gay :p

Manifest - just finished what is available on netflix. Started out super good - exactly what I needed at the time, but this last season, meh. But I keep watching to see how it ends

I'm looking for another show. I only watch while on the treadmill. And today I finished both the last episode of TLOU and Manifest. Tomorrow I am out of luck! Can anyone recommend a good sci fi show?

Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now
« Last post by ober on February 09, 2023, 12:03:12 PM »
I need to watch Andor - we stopped watching some of the Star Wars stuff in general for a while but I've got the itch.  We've been talking about getting HBO just to watch TLOU.  I've heard really great things.  Never heard of Atlanta.  We started White Lotus and if we get HBO again I will probably finish it.  The wife got bored.

We recently started watching Shameless.  11 seasons on Netflix.  Definitely lots of gratuitous nudity and adult themes but very gritty and a lot of twists and sort of 'hard life' kind of things in there.  We're 3 seasons in and it's really good.
« Last post by charlie on February 09, 2023, 12:55:20 AM »
Andor - Disney+
Probably my favorite of the Disney+ series. Good episodes of build up followed by action/excitement. Rinse and repeat.

The Last of Us - HBO Max
Well made, interesting story. I'll probably keep watching now that the kids got me into it. About zombies but not really.

Atlanta - FX
Finishing season 4 now. Lots of different styles of episodes. Some super artsy, some playful and funny, most have something to say. I like the vibe but not must-see TV and it's taking me awhile to finish.

The White Lotus - HBO Max
We just finished seasons 1 & 2. Each season is essentially it's own separate thing. Lots of intrigue and normal-ish people showing their not great side. Not much really happens most of the time, it's just another vibe show. I mostly watched over my wife's shoulder but by the end of the second season I had to sit down and actually watch with her so I guess that means I was interested.
Open Discussion / Re: Gaming mice recommendation?
« Last post by ober on January 20, 2023, 10:46:28 AM »
I just realized that the font was all jacked up on that post.  Either way, I went with a Razer Basilik V3.  I was initially scared of wireless but I'm actually looking forward to it after reading some reviews.
Open Discussion / Gaming mice recommendation?
« Last post by ober on January 15, 2023, 11:34:45 AM »

I love my G9X but I've had it for at least a decade and I think it's time to upgrade plus it's getting a little grimy and it's hard to clean. I think I'm looking for more of a palm grip but obviously the G9X isn't one so I'm not sure. I have big hands (8x4 inches, roughly) so I'm looking for comfort. Random extra info/requirements:

Would prefer wired but open to wireless if latency is less of a thing these days

I don't care about tons of buttons. Rarely use the ones I have.

Don't care about lights but wouldn't turn them away

Doesn't have to be super high DPI but it obviously doesn't hurt

I play some FPS, Red Dead Redemption, Simulators (that's mostly with a controller though)

Budget isn't a major concern... willing to spend up to $200 USD if it's worth it

I looked at the Razer series and without further input, am leaning towards a Deathadder or Viper? I don't know. Too many choices.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Chernobyl
« Last post by ober on January 09, 2023, 03:28:07 PM »
The last 2 episodes are the best IMO.  VERY well acted in my opinion and I'm curious how much of that is how it truly played out.  What a shit show and abuse of power from top to bottom.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Chernobyl
« Last post by Perspective on January 09, 2023, 12:10:56 PM »
I watched the first three episodes of this on a plane ride recently. Such an interesting show, both from the nuclear disaster side as well as seeing how the Soviets handled the escalating situation.

I need to find a way to watch the last two episodes now!
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Wednesday
« Last post by charlie on January 04, 2023, 07:51:50 PM »
Family watched it and enjoyed but I never found the time to join them.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Wednesday
« Last post by micah on December 28, 2022, 03:50:34 AM »
anyone watch the 8-episode first season of Wednesday on Netflix?
I just binged the whole thing today.  Simply amazing.

Thoughts?
Open Discussion / Re: Do you phish your users? What do you use?
« Last post by Mike on December 20, 2022, 09:12:03 AM »
Thanks!  Yeah, someone is still going to fall for them.  Talking to a some others in my field and they were seeing baselines of 20% and have improved it to 5% which is still a ton of clicks.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10