Author Topic: ober hates chicken wings  (Read 40062 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Eating at home sucks
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
I make a heavily modified but similar dish.  Love it.  I add raisins, chicken, a little OJ, a jar of Vidalia onion peach hot sauce and either saffron or curry. 

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
> is healthier for sure.

I think that's overblown to some extent.  You can easily find 95% lean beef for cooking.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/496340-which-is-better-for-you-ground-turkey-or-beef/

It might get a little blown out of proportion.  But overall I think ground turkey wins in most cases.

Its the fish version of chicken breasts. It has some taste but is mostly a seasoning delivery system
This.  Talapia is very bland on it's own but I think that's true for most fish, personally.  If you season it properly or bread it, I think it's pretty tasty.
Salmon has a lot of flavor.  Now if you mean white fish I'll agree.
I would not put salmon and white fish in the same category.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
> is healthier for sure.

I think that's overblown to some extent.  You can easily find 95% lean beef for cooking.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/496340-which-is-better-for-you-ground-turkey-or-beef/

It might get a little blown out of proportion.  But overall I think ground turkey wins in most cases
I don't disagree.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »
> is healthier for sure.

It might get a little blown out of proportion.  But overall I think ground turkey wins in most cases.

Its the fish version of chicken breasts. It has some taste but is mostly a seasoning delivery system
This.  Talapia is very bland on it's own but I think that's true for most fish, personally.  If you season it properly or bread it, I think it's pretty tasty.
Salmon has a lot of flavor.  Now if you mean white fish I'll agree.
I would not put salmon and white fish in the same category.
You said fish.  Salmon is a fish.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
He also said "most".

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »
He also said "most".

* Mike edits ober's posts
No he didn't :p

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 07:52:27 AM »
I made something at home for breakfast that was better than take out!

I put a couple frozen breakfast sausage links in a frying pan and started browning them, when they were about done I cracked an egg into the pan, frying it in the sausage fat.  Meanwhile I sliced a leftover bulky roll, put a slice of cheese on it and put it in the toaster oven.  I flipped the egg and, once the roll was toasty, added the sausage (cut lengthwise) and egg to the bun and ate it all up.

I honestly can't remember eating a better breakfast sandwich in my life. anywhere.  ever.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 08:58:08 AM »
I make egg/meat sandwiches a few times a week for breakfast.  They're great, especially with good bread or rolls.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »
I think the roll made the difference.  Usually, if I make a sandwich like that I'd use an english muffin.  blech!  Also, usually I season and microwave a scrambled egg.  Fried over-medium/hard is SO much better and honestly only took like 3 or 4 minutes longer with equal amount of cleanup.  I could get used to making something like this several times a week.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:59 AM »
It's pretty fantastic if you spend a couple bucks more for some good bacon, too.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
Yep twice a week i made a fried egg and sausage or bacon on a bagel. Usually onion. Or an english muffin, always buttered.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »
My snotty asshole wife and snotty asshole son went to Trader Joe's and got some Mandarin Chicken the other day and it was 5 snotty asshole dollars

edit: 1 SAD = .998USD

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 10:58:37 AM »
*emails that statement to Jeremy's wife*

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
My snotty asshole wife and snotty asshole son went to Trader Joe's and got some Mandarin Chicken the other day and it was 5 snotty asshole dollars

edit: 1 SAD = .998USD

I was almost about to start a new thread on a similar topic and then remembered this one.  I miss 'cheez.  He's on facebook but its just not the same :)

Anyway, since I'm bumping a year-and-a-half old thread, I guess I'll updated it to point out that we still suck at making meals.  We have cut back a lot on take out (because we don't have the money) that means we're just eating less food over all though.  I'm gonna double down though and start trying a bit harder.  I had a come-to-jesus conversation with my doctor the other day and apparently he thinks I'm going to die if I don't eat better so... we'll see what happens :)