Author Topic: You bet your balls He's risen!!!  (Read 2484 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: You bet your balls He's risen!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
Adventures in copying and pasting: I just c/ped " The empty cross symbolises Christs power over death." into a design document I'm working on.  Would have gotten some pretty great phone calls from the construction guys on that.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 10:20:49 AM »
Adventures in copying and pasting: I just c/ped " The empty cross symbolises Christs power over death." into a design document I'm working on.  Would have gotten some pretty great phone calls from the construction guys on that.
"Jeremy I'm not sure how that is relevant to the cross beam"

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
happy Easter everyone!

what's everyone doing?

Also, why do you think Easter doesn;t have the "big" holiday feel as Christmas does? Easter is much more important to Christians than Christmas, thoughts?

Didn't do much... My kids hunted for easter eggs in our back yard while I slept in. I took a nap while we waited for my wife's parents to come out of church. Apparently I was pretty exhausted this weekend.

What makes a holiday a "big" holiday doesn't seem to be about the religious significance unless you're immersed in your religious community. How easy it is to celebrate market in a secular way seem to have a greater influence on how big it gets. Same is true for Jewish holidays. Hanukkah is barely even a holiday if you're religious, but because of non-religious reasons like its proximity to Christmas it gets much bigger play.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 02:27:31 PM »
Update: Had the same design document marked up because I said something would "butt flush" to something else.