Author Topic: You can't get away with it anymore  (Read 1815 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
You can't get away with it anymore
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
http://mashable.com/2011/06/06/rep-weiner-admits-tweeting-lewd-picture-breaking/

When are public figures (or private for that matter) going to realize that you're not going to be able to lie about this kind of stuff anymore. With all the technology we have and the countless examples, when are they going to realize that it's best just to fess up at the beginning.

I mean really, did anyone actually think it wasn't him that sent the message? :shakes head:

Go ahead and try to get away with stuff, but when you get caught, just fess up, it's going to come out that way anyways.
This signature intentionally left blank.

webwhy

• Jackass IV
Re: You can't get away with it anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »
i read this a couple of days ago, so i thought it was a picture of him but there was no way he was stupid enough to post it himself...

http://mashable.com/2011/06/02/yfrog-security-hole-weiner-photo/

obviously I was wrong...

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »
Yeah, I saw this on the daily show and I thought it couldn't be him because that would just be too stupid... guess I was wrong!

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
obviously, he was thinking with the head that was included in the pic, and not the one on his shoulders

:D
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 07:17:35 PM »
Does it matter though?  We spend so much effort on the stupid shit they do outside of Congress without spending enough effort on the stupid shit they do inside of Congress.

But yes, it was stupid of him.  That is what email and chat is for.  Twitter isn't private or even a "personnel" messaging system.  Hell even FB message would be better.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
"Who cares if the president gets his dick sucked? Can't we focus what he does when his pants are ON!!??"

Chris Rock, wisdom.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
let those who have not sent sexy pics to girls that they are pretty sure are not underage cast the first stone

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »
fair enough :rofl2:

at least i know kermi's sister was legal
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
let those who have not sent sexy pics to girls that they are pretty sure are not underage cast the first stone
We had a kumbaya at work today for the end of the school year.  Attending were some students getting some awards and their families.  Before it began one of the guys said "Who's the hot new CT*" to which one of the other guys responded "That is one of the students".  We came to find out she is graduating a year early so most definitely underage.  Immediately after we had to wonder if her graduating made her emancipated and thus legal.

*: For some reason they refer to teachers as "Certificated Teacher" (CT) even though there aren't uncertificated teachers...

"Who cares if the president gets his dick sucked? Can't we focus what he does when his pants are ON!!??"

Chris Rock, wisdom.
To be fair, I only cared that he like about getting his dick sucked while under oath.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
emancipated = legal.

i checked my notes

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »
Yes, but are they emancipated just because they graduated.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
No, graduation is not a transference into legal adulthood

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
Then his only hope is to make sure the parents don't find out or are cool with it (since at that age the prosecutors rarely do anything on their own)