Author Topic: You're Fired  (Read 1656 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
You're Fired
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:20:25 PM »
Well, that's not exactly how it went, but yours truly is now looking for new employment. I've been fired for the first time. It feels sort of wierd. Although I did sort of expect it since I haven't been getting along well with my manager and I've been rather candid about my feelings on how the projects I've been working on have been run (or rather not run). I was thinking they'd fire me in a couple of week after I'd finished the project I was working on but I guess they thought sooner was better than later. The ironic thing is I'd just come back from vacation and I really haven't felt like going in to work this week due to all the drama that's been happening. I was planning on giving my resignation on Monday but I guess they beat me to the punch. Good thing I've got my resume updated and started looking for jobs already. But it still sort of sucks to get fired even if I really didn't want to be there any longer.
I'm thinking of doing consulting this time around or getting back towards the healthcare industry. There's even two job openning in the same building I used to work for that I might actually get interviews for (my skill set matches the requirements). I think that would be great to keep working in the same building but for another company. Good thing is my schedule is open to do interviews right away and I don't need two week notice to start so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I find something within I month. In the meantime I think I'll try and crack out a few songs for a new CD.

All sorts of pity now welcome.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
You're Fired
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:46:27 PM »
That sucks, man.  Although it sounds like you're happier away from the work.  Are you alright financially?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
You're Fired
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 10:50:23 PM »
Haha

I hope everything goes good for you.  Have you even considered a career in becoming a gigolo?

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
You're Fired
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:02:51 PM »
Dude that's a bummer.  Hope it works out for you man.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
You're Fired
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 11:41:15 PM »
hey, look at it as a new beginning; a new opportunity. I'm sure you'll be happier in the long run.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
You're Fired
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 11:55:23 PM »
Good luck man.  I agree with everyone else though, its sounds like it might be best for you in the long run.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
You're Fired
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 06:50:42 AM »
Hey - they canned you....so, you get the benifits package now...right?

Good luck lookng for a new one.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
You're Fired
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 08:19:23 AM »
Same sentiments as everyone else.  Good luck getting back on your feet, chief.

salvelinus

• Founders
You're Fired
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »
Been there, tgm. Lot happier now, hope the same for you.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD