Author Topic: You don't make it out alive...  (Read 1253 times)

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
You don't make it out alive...
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:31:42 AM »
I was curious last night how many people die every day worldwide.  So this morning, had to consult "The Google".  Something like 155,000 people die every day.  That is just about two people every second.  Boggles my mind...
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: You don't make it out alive...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »
I remember once when I was younger being in church and a guest preacher was speaking passionately about evangelism.  He was snapping his fingers at a fairly quick pace as he exclaimed, "People are dying every second of every day.  Every time I snap my fingers another person has just died."  As he continued my dad leaned over an whispered to me, "Well for the love of God, stop snapping your fingers!"

true story. 
I should probably submit it to readers digest.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »
What's more scary to me than the death rate is that the birth rate is more than double that.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
What's more scary to me than the death rate is that the birth rate is more than double that.

+1

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
I remember once when I was younger being in church and a guest preacher was speaking passionately about evangelism.  He was snapping his fingers at a fairly quick pace as he exclaimed, "People are dying every second of every day.  Every time I snap my fingers another person has just died."  As he continued my dad leaned over an whispered to me, "Well for the love of God, stop snapping your fingers!"

true story. 

Heheh... you definitely should. :)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »

:lol:

Memories...