Author Topic: Where is everyone these days?  (Read 39451 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Where is everyone these days?
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »
we're in the playoffs too - the first game is tonight at 8:30pm.....I have high hopes!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2009, 09:16:01 AM »
You had damned well better win!  None of the other teams have a bigfoot that with the help of a hairpin (keeps the eyes clear) can hit a home run every at bat.  And in the rare case you don't, what is it?  Three steps to each base?  Do the fielders still run from you?  So many advantages...
I... I have nothing to say to that.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
My shitty ass softball team won one game this year.  Thank GOD our last game is tonight (I haven't been in a month)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
My shitty ass softball team won one game this year.  Thank GOD our last game is tonight (I haven't been in a month)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »
Nope, I've been out of town for (almost) every game since the beginning of July.  I've only skipped one game.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, 11:40:49 AM »
You misunderstand... that image is apparently from a group of people trying to quit smoking. Smoking kills. Your team is shitty. Since it's July, it's a good thing you haven't played.

So did you win?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:53 AM »
Nope, I've been out of town for (almost) every game since the beginning of July.  I've only skipped one game.

one could theorize they sucked because you were not there to carry them, superstar.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2009, 12:48:57 AM »
So today I had some fun.  We switched over to the new email system using Google Apps.  So we had fun trying to explain how mail will be delivered the next few days as we had to change the MX record.  Luckily it only effected our tech team so it was a bit easier.

But after the switch over I found out that I hadn't included our webserver in the whitelist for relaying emails to outside domains.  Then as I looked through the logs and through the archiving logs I noticed that a lot of spam hits our system.  The original plan was to just archive it, send it to google, and let google filter it.  The problem was that all the spam going to the domain was going to accounts that don't exist.

So in the span of a couple hours I had to figure out how to query google to see if the address was allocated, cache those results, and test it without the use of a test box (the test box is currently being wiped and reloaded).

All in all it was a fun day :D

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »
So today I had some fun.  We switched over to the new email system using Google Apps.  So we had fun trying to explain how mail will be delivered the next few days as we had to change the MX record.  Luckily it only effected our tech team so it was a bit easier.

But after the switch over I found out that I hadn't included our webserver in the whitelist for relaying emails to outside domains.  Then as I looked through the logs and through the archiving logs I noticed that a lot of spam hits our system.  The original plan was to just archive it, send it to google, and let google filter it.  The problem was that all the spam going to the domain was going to accounts that don't exist.

So in the span of a couple hours I had to figure out how to query google to see if the address was allocated, cache those results, and test it without the use of a test box (the test box is currently being wiped and reloaded).

All in all it was a fun day

I have read that twice and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  :)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2009, 06:28:48 AM »
Yesterday, we had a sweet-corn boil and hotdog grill at work. 

The grill went well, but the propane regulator for the propane burner failed.  So the crack emissions team gathered a few fittings, some stainless tubing and a bottle regulator and a couple of hose clamps.  Had it working better than new in about 20 minutes.

Had a nice time.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2009, 08:29:07 AM »
Nice... man I miss shutdown!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
we lost our playoff game :( our pitcher got thrown out in the 5th for arguing with the ump over a foul ball. Good times.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »

So did you win?
Hahahahahhah hell no

The playoffs are next week though - I might be there for that.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2009, 09:04:35 AM »
Yesterday, we had a sweet-corn boil and hotdog grill at work. 

The grill went well, but the propane regulator for the propane burner failed.  So the crack emissions team gathered a few fittings, some stainless tubing and a bottle regulator and a couple of hose clamps.  Had it working better than new in about 20 minutes.

Had a nice time.

...then they had to figure out how to get a square CO2 filter to work in a round hole before the crew died because the LEM was only designed for 2 people!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
Cookout 13