Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Open Discussion / Stickers online?
« Last post by hans on February 22, 2024, 12:22:43 AM »
I want to make some stickers. Anyone have suggestions on which site to use?
Software / Re: Training Software
« Last post by ober on January 22, 2024, 07:45:09 AM »
Nothing comes to mind quickly on Wordpress but then again I've never looked for anything exactly like what you're describing.  I almost wonder if you could do what you're describing as a google form?
Software / Training Software
« Last post by hans on January 21, 2024, 11:12:05 AM »
So, I play pinball and there's a need for at least one person to be a tournament director and make rulings on issues that come up during the competition. It takes a bit of experience and I've thought about making a website that people could sort of train on the situations and rules. Like providing various situations both in text and video/images and having a multiple choice quiz sort of thing but also provide references to the rule documentation and interpretations since it's not always a clear answer on what choice(s) to make.

Rather than jump in and start coding something I was wondering if there's a Wordpress kind of thing or other out of the box software that anyone knows about or has used in the past.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Dark Winds
« Last post by Jake on January 08, 2024, 12:09:20 PM »
Excellent show on AMC - excellent writing, very good acting. Cop/Detective/Thriller set in the early 70's on the Navajo reservation. We just started the second season - I'm glad that the third season is in the works!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Winds
Open Discussion / Re: Serious discussion: what's next for this site?
« Last post by Perspective on December 21, 2023, 09:26:02 AM »
I still check in regularly, but yeah... I don't post much anymore.
« Last post by ober on December 20, 2023, 05:15:27 PM »
I think maybe we just let this thing linger for now.  I don't have the energy or desire to do much with it and it sounds like people are checking in but not posting.  I guess part of me hoped a thread like this might spurn other conversations and make this place feel a tiny bit less dead.  I know we're all busy.  So... I guess... whatever for now.
Hardware / Re: ROG Ally
« Last post by ober on December 20, 2023, 05:12:40 PM »
I haven't really looked at any of the mobile options.  If I'm gaming, I'd rather be on my PC or in front of a big TV.  That's part of the experience IMO.  Even the gaming I do on my phone is super basic stuff because I don't enjoy the indepth gaming on smaller devices.
Hardware / ROG Ally
« Last post by hans on December 20, 2023, 09:16:46 AM »
Well, since I'm here.

I caved and bought an Ally a few weeks ago and I've really been loving it over my Switch Lite. Overall it's a great device that is super nice to have the Steam library available along with any other games, retro emulators, etc. My biggest gripe with the device is that it runs Windows and it's not well optimized for its purpose. Something things are rather annoying like sleep, updates, and background software messing with the controller mode.

Super specific but I discovered that adjusting the volume on my bluetooth earbuds caused the controller mode to flip to operating system making the game uncontrollable and the shortcut buttons unresponsive until I turned off the display and woke the device up again.

So they have a bit to go on user experience.

I haven't gotten a chance to run it as a portable PC yet, but I am very interested in how that will work with my portable display. The device itself seems more than capable so it's probably going to be fine to just hook up as a mobile thing.

The device is a beast though in comparison to Switch. But even though it felt a bit bulky in the store which kept me from impulse buying it, it's actually felt very comfortable for gaming on the couch.

I finally started playing Stardew Valley on it and have already put in way too many hours on the game.

Edit: Oh, and I got the Z1 Extreme version.
« Last post by hans on December 20, 2023, 09:02:50 AM »
It's a somewhat sad thing to think about ES shutting down for good. Like mentioned, some of us have 20 something years of history and stories. While I've never met any of you in person I do feel a friendship developed over that time.

While I check the site daily still, it definitely has stalled in topics but I think that's because most of us all grown up with lots of outside things going on. But I would be extra sad to see the community dissolve so I'm definitely in favor of moving to something a bit more passive like a discord/slack group where we can do the occasional group chat about something. Especially since I think we might need somewhere to vent in 2024 and I really can't wait for the videos from Jake.

« Last post by Mike on December 19, 2023, 12:53:43 PM »
I get it.  Hopefully that's not signs of depression.

Yes/no.  For sure it comes and goes but I'm getting better in identifying it before it gets bad.  I'll create another topic about that later this week (when I have time to breath).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10