Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 14537 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Wii U
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:12 AM »
Yea....I got nothing....I mean I do...but I don't have the energy to type it.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
sounds like a healthy relationship.

Him and I have a very healthy relationship. He calls me Dad, draws me in the family pictures, confides in me about stuff, etc. I have been his only father for years when he barely had his dad around prior to that. The 8 months he spent with his biological father was really hard on him because Dad kept telling him negative falsifications about his mom and telling him he wasn't going to see her again, etc. So honestly we are closer than ever.

As for his dad and I, we have limited face time and when we have I always take the high road for the kids sake. The past he and Ashley share is not my business, and I don't wish to expel pointless energy to say things that will fall on deaf ears anyway. The only time I lost my cool was in the court house in January when they ordered that he had to stay in MI with his dad for the duration of the trial. It was BS as you guys already know and he smirked at Ashley and said "take that bitch" and I lost it. Not because he called Ashley a bitch, I don't care she can handle herself. I lost my cool because my son is not a tool to be used for his war and he did a lot of damage like i knew at the time he would.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
Yea - but is revenge on a man who is now out of the picture really a good reason to throw the world at the kid for xmas?  Especially when I know you're not in the most stable $ situation right now. 

I promise you, he is 5, he can have a spectacular xmas without giving him the world.  Sounds like just being with you all will go a long way towards that.

BTW - You might want to consider having a conversation with his school guidance counselor, teacher, or an outside teacher about what's been going on just to see if they have any suggestions or to give them a heads up.  Always helps to open the communication door yourself first.  Can discuss more if you want here or via phone.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
Yea - but is revenge on a man who is now out of the picture really a good reason to throw the world at the kid for xmas?  Especially when I know you're not in the most stable $ situation right now. 

He isn't completely out, unfortunately. As for the finances, they will be in a great situation come November.

I promise you, he is 5, he can have a spectacular xmas without giving him the world.  Sounds like just being with you all will go a long way towards that.

7. I'm expecting the Dad and that family to try and use the holidays as another opportunity to try and fuck with his mind. I have other plans besides presents, I'm not trying to buy loyalty or anything just want him to finally have a GOOD Christmas. The Rifle and the Bike go to the bonding activities we do as a family, that is their main purpose.

BTW - You might want to consider having a conversation with his school guidance counselor, teacher, or an outside teacher about what's been going on just to see if they have any suggestions or to give them a heads up.  Always helps to open the communication door yourself first.  Can discuss more if you want here or via phone.

I did. I got him enrolled in school and the same day sat down with his counselor and teacher together and went over everything in pretty great detail. He started Monday and before his first day I was already on an email re pour with his teacher.

And God don't get him a rifle

Why? I got him a BB gun a while ago and taught him gun safety and discipline, gave him supervision and instruction on proper shooting and technique, and he is very good with it. The next logical progression is a .22 rifle.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
Good man.  Still not totally with you on all those gifts, but good man on opening communication with the school.  That helped your kid.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »
Was worried that given your occasional "paranoia" that you wouldn't :D.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
I always take the high road

so being passive aggressive by hoping to make the other guy feel bad because of the stuff you get your kid is any better. I think that if you really want to take the high road, you should make your kid understand the situation he is in and how what is the proper way he should behave. I'm sure it is easier said then done, but doing things like you described several posts up will never help. just my $.02
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
HA! No it is important that they understand. When he was with dad he started stealing from class mates. Went from a straight A perfect student to a failing, stealing, bad attitude student.

The biggest thing he was scared of when he got caught was he begged everyone who found out not to tell me, because he was ashamed of me knowing. So I used that in a positive manner to rectify the issue over the summer and in his first week he seems to be on the right track, where he was previously.

There is a large difference in education between there and here, our schools are statisitcally ahead of those where he was previously. The classes up north were never hard enough for him and they kept trying to say he had ADD. They gave him some tests here to see where his education level was and he tested at a third grade level (he is 2nd). They said if his grades stay high through the year they may test him at the end of the year and see if he needs 3rd grade.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
I always take the high road

so being passive aggressive by hoping to make the other guy feel bad because of the stuff you get your kid is any better. I think that if you really want to take the high road, you should make your kid understand the situation he is in and how what is the proper way he should behave. I'm sure it is easier said then done, but doing things like you described several posts up will never help. just my $.02

I have done all that, I'm blessed with a very smart and responsible son. Taking the high road is just being the best Dad I can and not putting his father down or getting into it with his father when he tries to push me to it. Giving him a great Christmas is about him, and I'm thankful I can do that. The byproduct of it pissing off his dad is just a plus.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
I pre-ordered one today through Best Buy :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Deluxe. I actually wanted two, but they only allowed one. I even tried to get one basic and one deluxe, they weren't having it. I got woken up by my phone and it was a email from BB telling me they were open so I called them right then and there. The lady told me they were already getting reports of the phone lines being tied up and the website crashing. If my phone didn't wake me up I probably would have been SOL.