Author Topic: What's everyone listening to nowadays?  (Read 5983 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
What's everyone listening to nowadays?
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:46:10 AM »
I generally get chuckled at for my taste in generic pop music  - lately I've been listening to a lot stuff like Alessia Cara, Hailee Steinfeld, Selena Gomez - something about solo female vocals over a moody backing or light-electronica is really appealing.  I'm usually pretty behind the curve on finding new artists but lately I've been hearing some that I am really digging, like, Bea Miller and my new favorite Astrid S (http://astridsofficial.com/#video)

So what's everyone else into these days? 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: What's everyone listening to nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:22:47 AM »
My hit list on YouTube has:

I Prevail - Scars
I Prevail - Alone
A star wars theme dubstep remix
Foster the people - sit next to me
Red - Gone
Bad Wolves - Zombie
Breaking Benjamin - Red Cold River

I also listen to Watsky, Karmin, and Childish Gambino but no particular songs.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
Depends on when I'm listening.

At work I shuffle through the following Pandora stations:
  • Hans Zimmer
  • Two Steps From Hell Radio
  • Film Scores Radio

In the car its 90s alternative, 80s rock, modern alternative, rock, or classical.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:06:45 PM »
I generally get chuckled at for my taste in generic pop music  - lately I've been listening to a lot stuff like Alessia Cara, Hailee Steinfeld, Selena Gomez - something about solo female vocals over a moody backing or light-electronica is really appealing.

I don't know what a moody backing or light-electronica is but otherwise this is also me.

When I have time to hunt and poke around sometimes I find hip hop and rap that lasts for a while on my playlists (over recent years that has included Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino).

Otherwise I tend to listen to playlists I've built up of old songs I already know. I've got a list of "diner" music from the 50s/60s, one for alternative rock from the 90s, another with hip hop from the 90s and 00s, and my favorite- soft rock from the late 70s and 80s.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 08:49:04 AM »
Speaking of Drake... Youtube randomly played that new song 'God's plan' the other night and I actually watched the video.  That shit nearly brought me to tears.  It's so nice to see someone doing so much good with the money they make.  That shit just gets me.  I swear if I ever really hit it big, I want to give back to the less fortunate. 

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 12:10:17 PM »
Don't really listen to much music these days. In the office, my boss plays jazz all day which I don't really mind. For my commute I listen to podcasts the entire time. If I'm in the car, the station is pointed to public radio, alternative, or classical.

The only time I get top 40s is if my husband's driving.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 12:33:32 PM »
Classic Vinyl channel on XM, accounts for 80% of my music listening these days. 15% Kendrick Lamar station on Pandora, and 5% blues station on Pandora.

However, I spend significantly more time listening to Howard Stern Monday-Wednesday and podcasts. 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 05:59:01 AM »
Most of my music is random this and that as I wander through Amazon Music.  I spend most of my listening time with audio books or podcasts.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 08:37:37 AM »
I've been listening to this album quite a bit https://open.spotify.com/album/5XEF3r3rrj8lxoEWKSBnke?si=JGREX6UdTayqdoBxfnA4Ww

Eric Hutchinson, some dude I discovered while listening to a random playlist like Knuck mentioned.

I also like the Lumineers.

For working, I recently discovered "chill hop". Light instrumental jazz over hip hop drum beats. Eg.. https://open.spotify.com/track/1oAZDPOn9Pz3980GjdjxOi?si=Ne-QLi1eRfW4n0_ozIYvKQ

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
Run the Jewels
Jason Isbell
Sturgill Simpson
Mastodon
The Coup
John Moreland
Mandolin Orange
LCD Soundsystem