Author Topic: second annual BWCA fishing trip  (Read 3905 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
second annual BWCA fishing trip
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:19:24 AM »
Have to share some pictures of awesome fish I caught in northern Minnesota. Between the 4 of us, we probably caught some 150 fish. I caught two huge northern pike, one is my personal best 34", 10.5 lbs - the other was 30". I also caught a personal best crappie: 13" 1.25lb. Also got a bunch of 3+lb small mouth bass. It has been a blast!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: second annual BWCA fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:24:08 AM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »
wow nice job!  Ugly buggers they are, how do they taste?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »
wow nice job!  Ugly buggers they are, how do they taste?

thanks. Wallleye and Pike is some of the fresh water eating you could have. Walleye is super easy to fillet, pike is more challenging - we've had fish fry multiple times this week. Pan fish (blue gill, crappie, etc) is also awesome, but there is just not much meat there. Small mouth bass are not as delicious, but also very good and they have a lot of meat on them.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:51:37 PM »
Are those just rain coats?  Looks like winter coats.  Was it cold where you were?  Those are some nice lookin fish!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 10:53:42 PM »
Are those just rain coats?  Looks like winter coats.  Was it cold where you were?  Those are some nice lookin fish!

Gortex rain coats they are not super warm, but heavier than regular rain jackets. We had a few days of 80+ days, and a couple rainy and windy days that were in the 50s - and it gets pretty cold on the water!

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 08:29:55 AM »
Walleye are the best tasting freshwater fish I am aware of.  Also damned fun to catch.

Kermi.... you still haunting this place?  Do you fish?