Technical & Scientific > Hardware

3d printer

(1/3) > >>

Jake:
Does anyone have one? I am thinking of getting an entry model for my son for Christmas. But I wonder if it will be cool for a few days and then not used anymore? do you guys have any experience.

All of our kiddos are about the same age - what is Santa bringing your kids?

My daughter is set - we ordered her a yamaha keyboard and some accessories. She has been playing on our standup piano for a few months with my wife's help and seems to really enjoy it.

I'm just not sure what to get my son. In his letter, he asked Santa for a nintendo switch or another BB gun...

Perspective:
My brother-in-law has a 3D printer and uses it a lot. He makes custom parts for his drones and random odds and ends (cookie cutters, bubble blowers, etc...). I once printed a replacement clasp for my fitbit which was pretty handy. I feel like I'd never use a 3D printer (unless I lose another fitbit clasp...), but if you're a "maker" with a hobby that can utilize it then it may get some use.

My kids are getting some gymnastics equipment for the basement. A bar and some mats. They both have android tablets that they use for school (mostly raz kids) which are pretty slow, we're thinking of upgrading those as well.

ober:
I don't have a 3d printer.  My brother has 2 but he runs his own business and uses them to build models of the things he manufactures.  Plus he made a bunch of those ear saver things for mask wearing.

My kids are getting random things.  My son is getting a new gaming/desk chair plus some games (board and video), clothes, and a new phone case.  My daughter is getting a new keyboard/mouse/mouse pad plus some stuff for her bed and makeup.

Jake:
we've been doing a single bigger gift for a few years now, and that works good. And Ben, you did remind me of something - my Daughter wanted a gaming chair too, so that will be her bday gift!

ober:
We usually do a big gift and then a few smaller ones.  We've definitely scaled back in the numbers over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version