« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 04:33:32 PM »
Well, I just called the theater and I can't bring in my camera :(

Maybe I can get some pics on my phone.

PING

• Scream !
  • Jackass II
PVD
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 08:35:32 PM »
>>I would just like to announce that I'm going to see Paul Van Dyk this saturday<<
lucky you..i guess he played in india some time ago..but i couldnt go then coz i would not be allowed in a pub coz i was underage then..satriani is playin here sometime in may, most prolly i'll be going to watch him live.btw axon, do tell us how it was after you come back from the concerto..
Assassins do it from behind.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
PVD
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 08:04:51 AM »
Some notes from last night

- The lineup was Amos Lee (never heard of him, not bad), Merle Haggard (I couldn't believe he's still alive), and Robert Allen Zimmerman

- I didn't recognize a lot of the songs, since he did more of the country-ish stuff than I knew.  I did recognize Tombstone Blues, Highway 61, John Brown (AWESOME), and All Along the Watchtower (AWESOMER).  There were probably others, but I can't remember right now

- Bob's fiddle player is really hot, and staring at her helped take my attention away from...

- ... there was a crazy lady sitting next to me.  Seriously.  She was wearing a silk shirt, silk scarf, and, weirdest of all, silk gloves.  She would occasionally take off one of the gloves to reach towards the stage like she could grab Bob.  Her name was Cathy, she's 50, and she's now seen Bob Dylan 13 times.  She's also afraid of venues where there's stuff over her head, because she thinks it's all going to fall.  I'm pretty sure she was doing shots of Visine all night.  Yes, THAT Visine. edit: I also learned from her that the Masonic Temple was built in 1926 and can hold 4400 people.  Also, she told me she met a Mason.  That was the end of that story - maybe he made her crazy.

- At almost every indoor concert I've been to, smoking is prohibited.  However, at every single concert I've ever been to, I've smelled either clove cigarettes or weed.  Last night it was both.

- Downtown Detroit is fuckin scary at night

- I can't believe I got 3rd row side stage seats when I bought my tickets the afternoon of the concert.  The view was perfectly fine (especially of the aforementioned fidlde player), and I don't know why people would get tickets waaayyy up in the balcony; they were only about $20 cheaper.

- Cameras weren't allowed, but I appeared to be the only person without one.

- During All Along the Watchtower (last song in the encore), there were approximately 500 carbon copies of my dad playing air guitar and dancing in the aisles

- My ears are STILL ringing

- I'm really damn glad I went - thanks Rob

PS Sorry, didn't get a guitar
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 08:07:16 AM by Govtcheez »

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
PVD
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 02:50:25 PM »
Cool. Glad you enjoyed it...

>>During All Along the Watchtower (last song in the encore), there were approximately 500 carbon copies of my dad playing air guitar and dancing in the aisles

LOL.