Author Topic: AH HA HA HA HA.  (Read 13356 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: AH HA HA HA HA.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »
LAME
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
I don't get it.  Couldn't she use Open Office or something similar?  Or are schools these days that strict?

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
INMHO; ubuntu and dell have done the country a favor.  once less idiot with "free cash" for tution...potentially one less idiot with a phony degree...

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »
If she was dumb enough to blame her failure on her PC, then she doesnt deserve a degree. Or a pc for that matter!

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »
I kinda feel bad for her actually. She didn't (doesn't?) know what ubuntu was and couldn't even get online to google it (assuming she knows how to do that). Of course blaming her failure in school and dropping out of two semesters is just ridiculous.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »
I managed to get a degree without a pc at home. In those days we just went to the "computer lab"

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »
In those days we just went to the "computer lab"

exactly...i'm pretty sure they still have computers available for students.  she has zero problem solving skills...on the other hand, i guess college is a lot easier if you can do your bs online course in front of american idol, eating taco bell...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 09:48:42 PM »
I love how the author basically called her a dumbass at the end

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 02:08:21 AM »
It's funny because she's a technical idiot, but really there's not a whole lot she can do after that.

It was an online school, so it might be hard to go to a computer lab for your entire school. She paid $1100 for her computer and it's too late to return it, so it's not like she can just get a new one. She trusted the folks at Dell that it was a better choice. How is she supposed to know they are idiots?

A couple friends of mine, one a lawyer and the other with a masters from Cal-Berkeley, are pretty technically savvy. They recently had a friend of theirs help with a computer, and he suggested Linux for them, then installed it and set it up. They're not idiots, but it really wasn't right for them. There were issues converting files between Open Office and her Word at her work, they had trouble getting their peripherals working, and there were a few other minor issues. My point is that Linux isn't for everyone, and it doesn't make sense to encourage someone to switch unless you prepare them for the likely issues they'll face.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
It's funny because she's a technical idiot, but really there's not a whole lot she can do after that.

It was an online school, so it might be hard to go to a computer lab for your entire school. She paid $1100 for her computer and it's too late to return it, so it's not like she can just get a new one. She trusted the folks at Dell that it was a better choice. How is she supposed to know they are idiots?

A couple friends of mine, one a lawyer and the other with a masters from Cal-Berkeley, are pretty technically savvy. They recently had a friend of theirs help with a computer, and he suggested Linux for them, then installed it and set it up. They're not idiots, but it really wasn't right for them. There were issues converting files between Open Office and her Word at her work, they had trouble getting their peripherals working, and there were a few other minor issues. My point is that Linux isn't for everyone, and it doesn't make sense to encourage someone to switch unless you prepare them for the likely issues they'll face.

Dont defend this idiot. Worst case she buys a copy of Windows and pays some guy like RoD a couple of bucks to install it. She didnt do that or anything, she sat on her arse and blamed the computer.

Frankly, it's probably a good thing. If she couldnt get around a simple problem like this she shouldnt have a degree, she's obviously too dumb or too lazy.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »
Well of course I'm not defending her by saying that there wasn't anything she could do. There's plenty she could do to help herself. The story itself is funny because she's an idiot.

That doesn't mean Dell was right for pushing Linux nor does it mean that she didn't get jipped. There wasn't anything that she did that you can say was clearly wrong and caused the original problem.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »
You're still defending her.  She didn't know enough in the first place and didn't do anything but complain when she realized things weren't working out.

End of story.  The woman is a drain on society.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »
She's a waste of skin...a drain on the planet...a total bastard!

:)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
You're still defending her.  She didn't know enough in the first place and didn't do anything but complain when she realized things weren't working out.

End of story.  The woman is a drain on society.

:thumbsup: