Author Topic: Straight Outta Compton  (Read 2646 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Straight Outta Compton
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
I'd give it a 8/10.  A little long and slow at some points but overall I thought it was well done.  I do wonder if EasyE was correctly represented because obviously we don't have his personal opinion.  I wonder how much of that interaction between him and the manager was legit.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Straight Outta Compton
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:16:45 PM »
haven't seen this one yet.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:36:48 PM »
So much whitewashing was done in the movie though.  Only one scene showing anything close to the thuggish behavior they did engage in.  They also made Eazy-E and the manager much worse than it probably was.

It was an interesting movie and perspective but did paint them in the best light and the cops and everyone else in the worst light.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 03:28:05 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure some of it was much worse than what was shown in the movie.  And like I said, who knows what the Eazy-E/manager stuff was actually like.  Eazy-E is dead and I am willing to bet the manager is dead or wasn't involved in the project so most of it is speculation.

I don't necessarily think the cops were painted in the worst light.  A lot of that shit DID go down (and still does).  I don't have any issues with police brutality/abuse being called out in a movie like this.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 05:48:25 PM »
Jerry Heller is still alive and was none too pleased with the movie.

Yes, the police stuff does and did happen but NWA wasn't the innocent little victims they tried to portray during the movie.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »
Oh I'm sure they weren't.