Author Topic: Event Registration Script?  (Read 2060 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Event Registration Script?
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »
Working on limited time, i REALLY don't want to write my own but i can't find a damn thing. Maybe i'm searching the wrong terms? What i want is a form that people can enter their information, choose from a series of locations from a drop menu, and hit register. Then it takes them to the list showing all who have signed up for all locations. This list is also available to anyone who wants to view it.

Just a simple thing, but no time to code it. Anyone know of something? I really do not want to use a third party website, but i will if i must.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Event Registration Script?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »
Oh and it must be standalone. There is no mod for SMF2 and i don't run any other CMS
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »
Sorry, I only know the Joomla/WP mods.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:49 PM »
I'll probably use a third party free site then. I just don't have time to do one up and make it look nice. I was just really hoping to have it built into the website.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »
is your site and user-base social-media savvy?

I know you don't want to custom build anything, but it might be slightly simpiler if you custom building using facebook's tools: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/rest/events.invite/

the catch being that your users need to have facebook accounts and accept your facebook app.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »
The majority of them have facebooks, and i did integrate the like system into the forum. Something to consider in the future. Thanks for the idea.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:00:23 PM »
I searched for petition scripts on a whim and found php petitionscript. Will do exactly what I need with minor tweaking. After all, what I need is a list of names and emails!