Author Topic: Facebook Privacy Setting  (Read 1083 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Facebook Privacy Setting
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
So we're testing a new app at work on Facebook and I just added the "share" feature.  I was showing it to the designer and he was going to test it by sharing to his wall but didn't want it to go publicly visible.  I suggested he set the privacy setting to only post to himself.  When he looked at the setting though, it was defaulting to only allow me to see it.

I tried to think if somehow my app was pre-setting that privacy value, or maybe since the app isn't really public yet somehow facebook defaults it to the administrator... but no.

Turns out, back in October, when testing a similar app feature, he had set his privacy to only post to me.   He never changed it back.

For over a month now, everything he's posted on Facebook has been set so only I can see it.   :rofl2:

I felt really bad for him; especially since I couldn't stop laughing hysterically.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Facebook Privacy Setting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Facebook Privacy Setting