Author Topic: Going to start recording again  (Read 3327 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Going to start recording again
« on: April 30, 2013, 02:33:21 PM »
So I'm going to try and start recording my guitar work again and looking to change my setup a little bit. The studio in the basement sits half empty and I'm currently thinking of bumping up my mobile solution more. I've become a big fan of a mid-side recoding for my guitar but have a problem needing a decoder and mixer to get the three channels in my stereo field recorder. Recently I reread about Blumlein recording and I think I'm going to buy a pair of Rode NT2-A mics and use that setup. They seem to be decent quality and should work nicely for that kind of setup. Anyone have one these mics? They seem pretty good for the money and I'm mostly looking for two good figure 8 mics. I have a CAD M179 that is pretty good but I guess the new ones aren't quite as good as the old ones so it looks like Rode might be it.

I'm also thinking of getting a new stereo recorder. It's time to upgrade my little Zoom H4 to something better I think. It will work to try things out with but I'm jonesing for something new, at least the H4n but maybe a Sony or Marantz.

I really haven't been playing as much as I used to with my girlfriend and dog around but my girlfriend said [s]he thinks I should play more so I think I'm going to get back to it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:43:55 PM by ober »
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Going to start recording again
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
Figured you might want that corrected, especially if she reads this.  ;-)

..... unless you're trying to tell us something?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Going to start recording again
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
I'd only be worried if she actually knew about this site.
This signature intentionally left blank.