Author Topic: Hamilton  (Read 1833 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Hamilton
« on: July 02, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »
Have any of you guys seen this Broadway smash hit?
I have not, but the original cast recording it going to be on Disney+ starting tomorrow.  I'm kinda excited to see it.

Anyone else?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 01:14:44 PM »
I have not seen it in the theater but my daughter did (somebody donated free trips for all 8th graders in our area to go see the musical in San Francisco). She and her sister are both huge fans and listen to the music all the time.

So when they found out it was on Disney+ they made the whole family stay up until midnight refreshing the page listing until it was available. Then we watched it until 3am as a family.

I think I dozed off a couple times but was able to see most of it. We definitely enjoyed it. It helped to have subtitles on especially so late at night when my brain wasn't fully functional. :) Lafayette/Jefferson was great and King George's small parts were pretty funny. Lin-Manual Miranda obviously did a great job creating the show, although I wonder how it would have been different with a stronger performer in the lead role.