Author Topic: Mandalorian  (Read 8842 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Mandalorian
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »
Sad to see it end, at least with the current story line but it was interesting to say the least.

looks like the next story line will be reclaiming Mandalore - overall they did a wonderful job weaving that into these two season to gear up for a continuation. It was not forced and flows very naturally.

Did you guys stay to see what's after the final credits of the last episode?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 11:06:13 AM »
Did you guys stay to see what's after the final credits of the last episode?

I did!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2020, 01:35:31 AM »
Oh man, I was confused and had to look it up just now.  I thought the Boba Fett thing was going to replace the Mandalorian. I didn't realize Mando was coming back for another season!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 01:54:45 PM »
We just got Disney+ a few weeks ago so I watch Mandalorian.  Freaking loved it.  The use of the western motif, pacing, shots, and music was just fantastic.

I was a little disappointed that we essentially got Space Gus as the big bad but still enjoyed it.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2022, 11:20:04 PM »
this is not really a video about mandalorian, but about the new real-time LED panel-based backdrop tech that was used in filming it.  Pretty crazy cool, honestly.  Its like when bullet-time came 25 years ago... it seems so simple and obvious but it just needed the technology and computer power to catch up in order to be practical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yNkBic7GfI
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 10:03:20 AM »
Wow, that was really cool to watch and learn about.

I also recently plowed through both Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett and looking forward to the next season. For some reason when Mando first came out I really couldn't get into it but watching it almost concurrently with BoBF worked out.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »
Book of Boba Fett was fun until the last few episodes when it basically became Mando part 2