Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 3069 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Ukraine
« on: January 23, 2022, 06:33:38 PM »
What are your thoughts on what is going on there? how do you think the world and especially the US should react?
Do you think Putin would be as brash as he is if Biden was not President?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 11:57:44 PM »
I honestly haven't looked into it a lot.  I know Russia thinks part of Ukraine is 'theirs' or something.  I don't know why it's all of a sudden important and why he's threatening war over it.  I don't think Biden being president has anything to do with it.  Not sure where you are drawing that conclusion?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 01:09:25 AM »
I don't know why it's all of a sudden important and why he's threatening war over it.

I think that there are two main reasons - 1. Ukraine wants to be part of NATO - there is no guarantee that they are going to be accepted, but they certainly have a lot of public support for it. And that would mean more NATO military bases bordering Russia. 2. and I think this is the bigger issue, it is Putin's ego. Ukraine is ripe for the taking, and this is the only way that he can show off his big shlong and hope to make Russia relevant in the geopolitical sphere again. He is 69 years old and this would be his legacy: bringing Ukraine back into the fold. I really think that is what it is all about at the core of it.

I don't think Biden being president has anything to do with it.  Not sure where you are drawing that conclusion?
I just asked a question, you are the one that drew the conclusion about me :) and I think you're right, it doesn't much matter who the president is. I just really hope we are not dragged into this war more than we are now. Even supporting the Ukraine with weapons was not needed in my opinion. It is a foregone situation; Europe will not do anything because Germany will not do anything because Putin will just turn off the natural gas tap that almost all of Europe is dependent on.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 01:12:42 AM »
and is it just me or is everyone in the media saying A Blinken and not Antony Blinken, and it always sounds like Abe Lincoln :p

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 09:09:27 AM »
I haven't watched enough news to notice anything about how they say Blinken.

I think the EU needs to find alternative energy sources if the dependency on natural gas causes them to cave on other issues.  That's extortion.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 11:02:43 AM »
I think the EU needs to find alternative energy sources if the dependency on natural gas causes them to cave on other issues.  That's extortion.

you can, in part, thank our President: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/05/nord-stream-pipeline-russia-biden-526579

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 12:52:36 AM »
https://youtu.be/_DTSSvtg19I

This is so silly. And bravo to that journalist...I think he is from the AP...and so refreshing to hear a journalist asking for evidence.

What's the evidence?
I just told you the evidence, would you like a print out?

:suicide2: