Author Topic: Game Ratings  (Read 3405 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Game Ratings
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »
Just wonder how many of you ever look at the rating of a game before buying it.

I bought Guitar Hero 3 for my nephew, who is almost 10, a few weeks ago and yesterday when I went to wrap it I noticed it was rated T.  Being the responsible brother/uncle I sent my brother an email making sure it was ok.  He thinks it'll be ok but is going to check with the wife.

It is weird because I totally didn't even see the rating on the box when I got it.  I think it is because I never look for ratings because usually I buy the games for myself and I just don't care what it is rated.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Game Ratings
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:38:44 PM »
I don't, but I might if I were going to buy a game for a kid.

GH3 is rated T for some of the language in the songs and probably some of what the rockers are wearing.  The songs are pretty heavily censored though - I've got GH2 and can't think of any swear words that are uncensored.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:04:56 AM »
Yeah, I think its only rated T for Teen because of the old "Rock is the devil's music" mentality.  I never bother with ratings either since Mature simply means you can kill baddies and none of the stores I go to even sell Adult only games like Manhunt.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »
I don't, but I might if I were going to buy a game for a kid.

GH3 is rated T for some of the language in the songs and probably some of what the rockers are wearing.  The songs are pretty heavily censored though - I've got GH2 and can't think of any swear words that are uncensored.
I think part of the reason I didn't notice the rating is simply because I hadn't heard anything bad (as far as content) about it.

I ended up playing it one night to check it (I was already planning on opening the package and wrapping each piece individually) and yeah the theme stuff was just standard rock stuff.  Of course I got hooked and went and got me a copy yesterday.  Now my left arm is sore.

Yeah, I think its only rated T for Teen because of the old "Rock is the devil's music" mentality.  I never bother with ratings either since Mature simply means you can kill baddies and none of the stores I go to even sell Adult only games like Manhunt.
I wonder if gamestop sells AO games...

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »
Who gives a shit about console?  This is the first console game I've bought in years.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
PC gaming is dead.
Curses on your grave.  :mad:

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »
+1

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 10:22:21 PM »
Wii == lamers