Joe Biden (D)
3 (60%)
Jo Jorgensen (L)
2 (40%)
Howie Hawkins (G)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 02:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 53722 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2020, 11:09:09 PM »
Trump has been making this political since day one and continues to do so.  So, why should anyone give him a break?

The the current administrations response has been incompetent.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2020, 11:13:29 PM »
Trump has been making this political since day one and continues to do so.  So, why should anyone give him a break?

The the current administrations response has been incompetent.

Not to sound like Jake to defer your point... but I'm not defending trump here or saying he needs to be cut some special slack.  Just saying that its a major turn off when any political figure makes a national crisis be about themselves and their campaign.  Do I find it more distasteful when its a politician I don't really like anyway, sure i guess honestly thats true... but really the point works for both parties and all candidates and incumbents. Trump included.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2020, 11:42:26 PM »
Yet, you are complaining about one side doing it.  So, while the point may be true for both sides we tend to only call out the other side.

In a greater sense, when was the last national crisis that the administration in place wasn't criticized as it was happening?  9/11 maybe, and then not for even that long.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2020, 11:51:04 PM »
I think Trump's message on this whole ordeal is garbage. He has been sending wrong signals from day one. Only yesterday did he get it somewhat right - but the fucking guy said that people are fighting with the virus even when going to work. Jesus Christ, at least half of the population is riding your every word - you need to choose them carefully.

With that said, and even though he did make some gaffs, yesterday's speech was the first time he sounded really presidential to me - like what I would like him to sound like most of the time.

I haven't heard the Bernie thing so can't comment.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2020, 11:57:47 PM »
I thought the speech was a serious letdown.  He spent half the time saying how good the economy was, the travel ban (according to several articles I read) will amount to no real additional safety, and he lied about several things, including the idea that insurance companies would cover treatment.  He also SOUNDS like he has it.  Constant sniffling, fumbling over his words.  If that's what you want him to sound like I feel bad for you.  I was not proud at any moment of that speech for him to be our president.  What a joke.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2020, 03:41:49 PM »
I will defer to an actual legal scholar and say that I guess I'm wrong on the whole VP path to more terms.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWihXElw_zg

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2020, 12:25:11 AM »
So, apparently Mr "I don't take any responsibility" because "I don't anything about it" actually talked about cutting them in 2018: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-video-trump-pandemic-team-cut-2018-a9405191.html

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2020, 10:33:06 AM »
So what do you guys think is going to happen with the election?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »
In what regards?  I'm registered to vote my mail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2020, 11:32:14 AM »
In what regards?  I'm registered to vote my mail.
+1

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2020, 01:29:46 AM »
I mean... a lot of possible answers there.

Do we have one? Probably. Hopefully vote by mail is set up in most places before then but I'm not optimistic.
Will it be controversial? Probably, but lately they all are and Trump called the results of the last one into question even though he won so it doesn't take much.
Will it actually be controversial? Maybe, but my guess is that there will be a lot of complaints, some of those will be valid, but the overall sentiment will be that it is a legitimate election.

Who will win? Not sure... I think it was pretty close to 50-50 before corona time. The tanking of the economy will hurt him so I'm leaning closer to 60-40 Biden right now. No matter what I'll be surprised if it's anything other than a close contest. Too many people locked into their beliefs that won't even be swayed by an historic pandemic and recession.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2020, 11:50:10 AM »
I honestly don't think the tanking economy will hurt him.  I know that sounds counter-intuative BUT, the economy was gangbusters before this and everyone knows that it was the virus mitigation that caused the crash.  I think his supporters will support him no matter what, and a lot of people will assume that, because of his previous "success" he would be the best person to guide the inevitable (albeit eventual) return to normalcy.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
Well, whatever happens, I hope that the democratic process prevails. I read that the president of Hungary enacted some law that gives him pretty much unlimited power. I bet a lot of that type of shit will happen around the world. There are always people waiting to take advantage on these types of situations to garner power.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2020, 12:22:41 AM »
At least from a legal perspective we have to have an election.  Congress and the President have fixed terms that expire on particular days.  And while the president has the electoral college that does the actual voting it isn't the same with congress.

What thing that made me glad to see is that people are wising up to just how crappy of a job the president is doing with this response.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
Some people are seeing it but there are others that think he's doing a fine job.  I know there are people that will totally be on board with his 'I am choosing not to wear a mask.  It's just a recommendation.' bullshit that he spouted yesterday.