Author Topic: NBA  (Read 13314 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: NBA
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »
I lost some love for Harden after his shitty playoff performance.

???

Doesn't look like he is the leader of that team and chokes when the going gets tough. He had nice stats during the regular season and even through most of the playoffs but he should use his skills to drive the ball into the paint more instead of trying for that 3 point shot - he was 19 for 78 through that series!! holy shit...that is just ugly. In game 11 he missed all 11 that he took. If he say converted half of those attempts to regular shots and made half of those, they would have one the game. Overall, the 3 point baskeball a lot of the teams (mainly west coast) play, looks cool when they go in, but when they don't, it is not fun to watch. But I guess that is what the rockets do - their coach was mic's up one of the games vs the jazz and said something along the lines "defense and shooting 3s is what we do"

Yeah... I didn't watch many games but I don't think he choked. He still scored nearly 30 points a game and took on a greater load the last two games with Paul out. I doubt he was going to make half his shots if he just got closer, it just doesn't work that way. Honestly I'm shocked that the Rockets did as well as they did against the Warriors, who were an amazing team and then added Durant. Harden actually impressed me with this series.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 07:44:25 PM »
If the Cavaliers win the championship this year, LeBron is the greatest player of all time.

If he got swept and then retired I'd probably put him at #2, although I would listen if somebody argued that was enough for #1.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
I'm still watching.  I'm always going to root for the Cavs, but I don't think Lebron can drag this squad over the finish line 4 times in a row.  I think the Warriors are beatable but I hope it's at least an entertaining series.  I'm hoping for at least 6 games.  God, if they get swept I'll be pissed. 

You know, if he pulls this off, and wins a championship this year, that will be an incredible feat. At that point I would be ready to say he is [almost] as good as Jordan and would move him up in my ranking past Kobe.

I caught a glimpse of some sports talk show earlier today and they had like 20+ analysts predict the winner and they all chose the warriors.
I'm sorry, but you put Kobe above Lebron?  At this point, I question anyone putting MJ above Lebron.  MJ never carried a team like LB has.  He always had a healthy supporting cast.  Who did Lebron have this year?  Kevin Love?  He's been hurt a lot and he couldn't even play the last 2 games and LB still pushed them over the line in that series.  And did you watch the Toronto series?  And this is his 15th year in the league.  Kobe isn't even in the same conversation anymore.

And yes, the Cavs are severe underdogs.  Severe.  I don't question that.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »
Haha, I knew that will get a reaction from a cavs fan ;) LBJ could grow wings and a halo and MJ would still be the GOAT to me :) just like LBJ is to you.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »
I get that.  And I don't blame you for feeling that way.  It's ok to be wrong.  ;)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 07:18:27 PM »
Yay sportsball!   :dunno:

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 08:39:30 PM »
I'm ok with people having Jordan above LeBron. Kobe on the other hand... (then again, my bias is generally anti-Lakers from the late 90's on, so...)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 12:08:11 AM »
Fuck the refs.  That game was horribly officiated all the way around.  Also, WTF JR?  Cavs should have won that game.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 09:54:54 AM »
Fuck the refs.  That game was horribly officiated all the way around.  Also, WTF JR?  Cavs should have won that game.

that game was pretty awesome. And I agree, this was CAVS to win for sure. And if they did, that would give them an unbelievable boost of confidence. Now, unfortunately, it will be the other way around I suspect. WTF JR, but also WTF Hill for missing a game winning free throw - he is an 80%+ FT shooter and missed the biggest one of his life. But I can just see all the JR memes coming :D
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »
To be honest, I think the game in general is a boost of confidence regardless of the outcome.  Everyone expected that to be a blowout and this to be a series sweep.  The sweep could still happen but I have more faith that it will be a close series and I am not convinced that the Warriors will end up with the trophy.  They didn't look as solid as past years.  There were flashes of it, but the Cavs played well last night.

And yeah, Hill should have made the free throw.  No doubt.  But he also looked like he was going to vomit stepping up to the line for that shot.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »
Honestly, I think 1 for 2 is the expected outcome there. An 80% shooter only makes both 64% of the time, and then add the pressure of the moment and I don't fault him at all. The fact that he made the first to tie it was huge.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 12:03:18 AM »
Well that sucked.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2018, 10:01:43 PM »
Well that sucked.

That probably did, too..

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 08:44:32 AM »
Ugh.  Well it's back to the Cavs sucking.  But I listened to some sports radio on Saturday and the one guy put it into perspective.  He'll either retire or leave at some point and he's given a lot to the city and won a championship here.  So kudos to him and I hope he does well in LA.